A fun mystery | Teen Ink

A fun mystery

June 7, 2016
By Bruce-Wayne BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Bruce-Wayne BRONZE, Tirana, Other
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility



This is in an imaginary reality, somethings in this essay do not exist in real life.
             James started walking towards his office, when he was walking he heard some noises from the room next door to his office. They were talking about the new detective, “That's me?” James thought to himself.
              He could not hold back his curiosity and he turned the handle opening the door. He saw two men, one was blond, he was wearing black cargo pants and a  white t-shirt, he had black leather gloves and black army boots. The other man had black hair, his hair was barely visible from under his dark brown fedora, he was wearing a dark brown overcoat, a very dark red shirt under it, dark brown pants,  light brown leather gloves, and dark brown shoes. They both turned to James, and simultaneously asked, “Who are you?” 
                 James waited for half a minute before answering, he checked the room in case it was a trap or something, these men looked suspicious. After that he answered,
“My name is James and I am a Detective, but I don’t work for OCPD I work with them.”
“My name is Jack and I’m a detective.” Said the man in the dark brown suit.
The other guy said “I’m Steve, ex-army.”
          James got Jack and Steve to talk to each other so he could observe them. James started observing Jack first. “There is dog hair on the lower part of his pants. His shirt looks as if it was old and used a lot, it has stains that look like blood stains all over it but only sharp eyes would be able to catch them as it was a dark red shirt. His Fedora, however, looked new, probably less than four months old, but it has been through a lot of rain. He is also trying to talk in an American accent but his English accent is still very much noticeable, I think it’s because he works for someone in england with a strong british accent, the inside of his hands tells me that he did not drive here, the smell tells me that the car’s seats were leather but if it was a short drive the smell would not have stuck on him which means it was a long drive, probably from another city, combining all of these clues I think he lives in London, inside of his jacket, there is a card, has handwriting on it, and I think I know whose it is.” Said James to himself without making any noise.
“So why does he need me this time?” Asked James to Jack.
“What?” Asked Jack to his surprise.
James replied with his observations. Then he said “Now, you are both here to take me to the her because he needs my help, am I right?”
“This is brilliant, I think he is who she asked for.”
“ Yes, yes he is.”
“Let's go then people, oh and Jack, you are definitely not a detective, next time wear a suit and say that you are an agent from MI6 or something. Now where is the white car?”
“It’s coming. Aren’t you going to wear a coat”
“Oh yes I will.” said James and took a very dark blue overcoat with black and red accents that came just above his ankles when he wore it.
         After a two and a half hour drive they finally arrived at London, the sun was rising with all it’s beauty, and not a single drop of rain was in sight, James was happy to see London again.
They stopped at a big building with a helipad on it. They entered the building and James walked towards his Brother.
“What happened this time?” Asked James.
“Some criminals kidnapped a person and connected a bomb to his heartbeat, if it stops the bomb will blow up and destroy everything in its radius, which we don’t know. They want one hundred million pounds and a plane to escape.”
“Okay I’ll get them, but before I go, are they known for murdering people?”
“Yes they are, but how did you know?”
“Obvious, don’t you look at the news, there has been five explosions in five different buildings, every single one killing the people who are in them. It is them. Oh my goodness, I know where they are.”
“How”
“Again, Obvious. There were 50 dead in the first explosion 40 on the next one 30 after that 20 and 10, and now it’s going to kill 150 people, where can they find that many people, the small circus that has opened a week ago, probably by them, but why would they kill this many people, you ask, to get the attention of the MI6, but how did they get that exact amount of people in those buildings?, Easy they sent them invites to a party or a meeting, or something that would attract their attention, even the old criminals were tricked like that, but now they just want to hurt people and destroy families, ruin people’s lives just to get revenge… wait where is Steve?”
“He left two minutes ago.”
“That just proves it, he was fired from his old job which was in MI6 because was unable to save 150 people’s lives and they thought he organized that killing spree so he was thrown in jail, but then escaped, after a few months he help you solve a murder and you offered him a job offer he could not deny, you gave him the key elements he needed for his revenge; money, power and information. He used all that to create this plan. Now he is heading to his secret base, but I don’t know where it is so I am borrowing a pilot and a helicopter so I can follow him, Jack should stay here I’ve got my own backup.”
“Wow, how did you-”
“-No time, do what I said!”
  James got on the chopper and got a parachute bag, then said “ Fly lower!” After seeing Steve stop, James said “I’m Jumping.” Then he jumped. He landed safely on the ground, then he started following Steve silently on foot. They entered the tunnel. Steve started talking to a person who was holding the hostage, he ordered them to wear the same clothes and masks as each other so James would not be able to tell who was the hostage. But James watched them change and noticed one difference between them, the hostage was shorter. Just when they finished dressing he shouted “I’m here!” then a mysterious voice started talking, “So you have sold it, but can you stop it?” “Oh stop with the hilarious voice changer Steve, just come down here and let us talk like real men.” “I’m afraid that is not possible James. I’m happy in my bunker.” Oh so I have to disarm the bomb, okay that's easy.” “Alright, you have ten minutes to do it.” After eight minutes James shouted “Done!”
“How did you do it!”
“Come and see it yourself Steve!”
Steve came and looked at the bomb, “How” He repeated.
“Great he doesn’t know I was only able to extend the time and block the screen, this is great.” James thought to himself.
Steve shouted and threw the remote to James, James caught it and checked if it was the real one and then started laughing.
“What!?” Shouted Steve confused “What is so funny that you are laughing in a situation you will die, I will still kill you!”
“Oh you are so stupid, I didn’t disarm the bomb, I just extended the time and blocked the screen, I didn’t have enough time to disarm it, so I had to get the remote.”
“You cheated.”
“Yes I did, and now I disarmed the bomb.”
“I will kill you for what you all did to me!”
“John now!” Shouted James and a man jumped on Steve, James ran towards the man who was next to the hostage and knocked him out.
“It’s good to see you again James.” Said John after knocking out Steve.
James called his Sister’s guards to come pick the criminals and the hostage up, then he and John got a cab to James’ brother.
“Can we finally talk like normal siblings now?” Asked James to his brother after arriving to her building/house.
“His sister said “Of course not we are different than them”
“Wait, can I now live in London again?”
“Yes, you can, your ban is officially finished, I talked with the government officers.”
“Thank you.”
“I want to ask you a question, will you be my best man in my wedding?” Asked John
After a long silence James said “Of course John.”
“Are you going to actually tell them?” asked James’ brother
“Tell who, what”
“Tell the readers who you really are and the name James isn’t actually yours?”
“Oh I think they can figure it out by themselves, don’t you think Mary” Asked James to John’s “wife”.
“Anyways, there is a new case John, let’s go!”