Still Untitled | Teen Ink

Still Untitled

January 20, 2015
By AnnyssaHowerton GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
AnnyssaHowerton GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
12 articles 2 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If there is a star in the night sky, then today was a good day.
or
If there is a star in the sky, then it is nighttime.


I rolled over in my bed, looking at the alarm clock that read three thirty. I unraveled my leg and cover up with my blanket to go back to sleep. BANG! I heard a door slam shut. 'What the hell?!' I shot up out of my bed, I grabbed my handgun out of my bedside drawer. I slowly walked towards the light switch, flipping it on. I cautiously turned the handle to my bedroom door, creaking it open. I heard the steady footsteps of boots walking on the hardwood floors. It was dark, but I could see the shadow of a man. "Toni?" my heart dropped. I knew this voice. I walked slower in towards the kitchen, the stove-top light was on. I could hear my heartbeat over the sound of the pads of my feet coming up off of the floor. I tried to focus on the figure that was sitting at my kitchen table. "Toni, you can put that gun down, I am not going to hurt you." I set my gun down, cautiously, on the table. "Who are you, and how did you get in my house?" I asked the man, trying to remain calm. "You should really remember to lock the garage door." Damn it. I thought. "Who are you?" I asked, afraid of the answer. "You know who I am, dear. We have met on several different occasions." I watched as he got up, and walked towards me, just as the light hit his chest. He was wearing a navy blue shirt, covered with a black leather jacket. He had on some dark denim jeans, and some hefty black boots. I recognized this style, but I still could not see his face. I backed up a bit, slowly, then ran for the phone. I picked it up, but his hands wrapped around me, and grabbed the phone from my hands. "You don't need that, sweet-heart, I'm not going to hurt you. Just tell me where he went." I knew then that he wasn't going to hurt me, and I knew what he wanted. I relaxed my body, turning around and looking up at his face. He still had me pull up to his toned chest. He was looking back down at me. I let out a sigh of relief, 'Brian' I thought. Brian is my boyfriends best friend. He let me go, motioning me to sit on the couch. "Where is he?" I haven't seen James in over 6 months. "I don't know, he packed most of his stuff and just left, in around January." He didn't seem to believe me. I stood up and walked into the kitchen, and opened up one of the drawers, pulling out a piece of paper. He walked over and ripped it out of my hands before I had a chance to explain. "What is this?" He asked as he opened it up. "He left that on the fridge when he left." I must've read that letter hundreds of times in the last 6 months. James started reading it out loud.
"Toni, I have to leave. I can't tell you where I am going, or why I am going. Promise me you'll be happy. Do NOT come after me. Keep this letter for when he tries to find me. I love you, Jay." He just stared at the paper. "I really wish I knew what he has gotten himself into, I want to help, but he told me not to." I grabbed a glass out of the cupboard, and poured me some water. He grabbed the glass out of my hand and set it on the granite counter. I looked up at him, his face was focused on mine. He pulled me in to his chest, and hugged me. He lifted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He passionately kissed me, I kissed him back. What the hell is happening, I thought. "Stop." I said, interrupting our kiss. He looked at me, with a disappointed smile. "What was that for?" I asked, stepping away from him. "You miss him, I get that, but when he said 'Promise me you'll be happy.' I knew what he meant." I must've looked confused because he took me over and sat me on the couch. "Him and I used to talk about you. He was always worried about whether or not you were happy. He used to tell me, 'If anything ever happens to me, make sure she is happy.' I know that I probably should've asked you first, but..." I interrupted him, kissing him rough, and passionately. He pulled me in and I kept kissing him.
I stopped, but stayed close to him. "Thank you." I told him. "I miss him so much, I just wish I knew where he was." Brian wrapped his arms around me, and looked at me. "It's 4 o'clock, sweet." He lifted me up, and carried me through the kitchen down the hall and into my bedroom. He layed me down in my bed, and covered me up. He kissed me on my forehead, and turned off the light. "I'll be on the couch." He told me before he walked out.


The author's comments:

I just got an urge to write, so I did. This is only the first chapter. Still haven't got a clue what to call it! Let me know if it's any good. (: