White Walls | Teen Ink

White Walls

By Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California
Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

As I look around, all I see is white. White walls. White floors. White shapeless clouds. White salty people. It's all white to me. I don't understand what they say or what whey do...nothing makes sense to me. It's because from my perspective everything is white. White. White.

on Jan. 16 2015 at 8:09 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is amazing. It's beautiful and honest and one that I can connect to, a lot because once all I saw was white. I like that it's beautiful and that it has rawness and that it has emotion. I love it. You have talent and greatness and light and a beauty that is your own; and so much more. You're an amazing and talented writer and person, too. All of this and much more. Thank you so much for sharing this, my friend. I look forward to reading more of your work. Thank you, again!