A Want to Follow the Sun | Teen Ink

A Want to Follow the Sun

June 7, 2014
By kaylamorcat PLATINUM, Worcester, Massachusetts
kaylamorcat PLATINUM, Worcester, Massachusetts
25 articles 0 photos 1 comment

“Yeah it’s not so great for you, but man oh man, it doesn’t only smell like marijuana, it smells like intelligence and the future and humanity.
When it’s stuck in the clothes of the consumer they smell like intelligence and the future and human.
When it’s consumed, the consumer then becomes intelligence and the future and human.
It marks them as intellectually sound and attuned to the world that surrounds them, and better yet, the galaxy that surrounds the world that surrounds them.
I want to try it.

These plants are idea makers, and I want to see for myself what they can create.
When leaves grow, they grow towards the sun, and I want to do the same.
Though some people wouldn’t be happy about me using this stuff, I would be.
I’ve seen people on this stuff, they just laugh and laugh and laugh as if life is one big tickle. They’re happy, serene, at peace, and I want that.
I want the drug not to get ‘turnt’ and forget everything, but to become enlightened to the sense of happiness and to remember problems in the world and strengthen my abilities to fix them.
I want to be aware of myself, of others, of our presence together on this planet, what our existence means, and how as humanity we can bond over the fact that we are all here for some unknown reason together.
I want peace. I want to end my anxiety. I want to end this depression. I want to love again, and this little green leaf may be able to help me do just that.”

“Wow, so um who else wants to go next?”
I look around the circle of drug-virgins like myself, s***.
Their eyes are popping out of their sockets at me.
A voice pipes up, “I thought this was a D.A.R.E. meeting.”


The author's comments:
We all want knowledge. We all want to experience. We are all curious to experience knowledge.