My Guardian Angel | Teen Ink

My Guardian Angel

April 2, 2013
By SilentWords SILVER, Beavercreek, Ohio
SilentWords SILVER, Beavercreek, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Crying is not a weakness. You've done it since the day you were born. It means you are alive." Author unknown


I huddled in the corner of the smelly, dirty bathroom. I didn’t care as long as no human eyes could find me. People are the ones who cause the pain and suffering.


The blood from my nose distracted me with its constant drip…drip…drip. The black and blue of my eye had swelled it closed. These spots covered my body and made me feel nothing but hot and cold sensations that would never go away.


My one eye glowed red but of them saw the paths of the red, the green, and the black. My eyes instinctively went to red but were drawn to the darkness of black.


Black was my only option to end all the pain. The red path only got rid of the pain internally but never externally and the green was not an option. Plus it didn’t get rid of anything but maybe enhanced it.


I looked in the cabinet and found what I wanted…cleaning chemicals.


They would do their job without pain and would be the easiest than anything else. I took the cap off and smelled it. It made my eyes water and my nose burn.


Perfect.


I looked at it and took a swig. I forced it down and took another after another until half of the fatal liquid was drunk.


I sat back and my eyes were forced slowly closed as my heart stopped beating.



I woke up in a place of white and I no longer felt the pains of humanities. I was wearing all white and I looked perfect with not a single scar.


“Adrian.” I heard a soft voice call. I looked up. It belonged to a beautiful girl with flowing auburn hair that went to her waist, with gently sun kissed skin and, beautiful blue eyes that looked like the seas were captured in these tiny orbs. She was dressed in white with a shinning herald above her delicate head.


“Yes?”


“Why did you do it?” Sorrow came into her eyes and I could not refuse.


“No one cares about me. They hate me. They even leave their marks on my body which won’t ever go away.” My voice kept getting louder and the girl shrank. It almost seemed human.


She smiled gently. “Wasn’t there one?”


I thought but, couldn’t think of any and my head went from side to side.


She placed her fragile hand on my shoulder. “I’m sending you back, Adrian. Your time has not yet come for a long time.”


All I could see was white.



“Adrian!” My one good eye shot open and pain soon followed. With it, came the smell of alcohol and, heard the beeping of a heart monitor. I felt arms around my body. “I’m so glad you’re awake.”


I knew that voice. “Morgan?” She is my only friend. She looked and it was the same girl from before just a little less bright.


Tears formed in her eyes. “How are you alive? They told me you’d never wake up again.”


I wrapped my arms around her like she did me. “I had a guardian angel looking over me.”