Love Will Remain Strong | Teen Ink

Love Will Remain Strong

March 21, 2013
By necci SILVER, Denver, Colorado
necci SILVER, Denver, Colorado
8 articles 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
-Women are many things to humans, but the one thing they are not is dominated by men.
-If a single act of hate can do so much damage, what can a single act of kindness do?


Tom Otensam was a strong sixteen year old boy, with a sharp mind. he understood a lot about how the world works and evolves. tom was very popular and a magnet with girls, who wouldn't want to catch his eye?
But Tom didn't care, he only had eyes for Nancy Fonden, who constantly refused him. She was a simple girl who was sweet to everyone, she always said no but in a way to not hurt him.
Nancy never loved him, she thought he was selfish, and couldn't fill the role of a man she wished for.
After a million and one refusals, Tom gave up, he wasn't going to win her.
"just forget it." said his friend Neil, "why have her anyway? You have the choice of all the girls, why do you waste it on Nancy?"
Tom just shrugged off the comment. He didn't know how or when he started to love her, he just did. It was like she had the key to his heart with her kindness.
Tom and Neil decided to go to the cafe for a cup of coffee and maybe a donut, when Tom spotted Nancy walking in the street. She wasn't paying attention to what was around her she was engrossed in the notes she was studying. Tom had also noticed a car coming towards her, he tried to warn her but she didn't hear him.
Right then and there Tom knew what he had to do, he ran as fast as he could, and pushed Nancy out of the way. The last thing Tom remembers seeing was the look of shock on Nancy's face as he slipped into the abyss.


The author's comments:
Love always conquers fear, and in this case it lead to a death of body but a strengthened love.