Everything Gone in One Night | Teen Ink

Everything Gone in One Night

February 8, 2012
By Swims.M.V. GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Swims.M.V. GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico
11 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you're not practicing, somebody else is, somewhere, and he'll be ready to take your job."
-Brooks Robinson


She made 3 mistakes, she ruined 3 friendships, she didn’t say one word, she lost all her pride, and she lost it all in one night. Megan was sitting on the bus after her high school track team had just won the city championships, it was getting dark, everyone was their happiest, they were laughing and singing like it was nobody’s business, things were great. When a guy had taken a dare to hold her hand she reluctantly held his in a loose grip from across the seats. Then just when Megan thought she was free to let go her friend switched seats with the boy (who we’ll call Leo.) Megan and Leo sat in a cold leather seat of the bus as it began to start accelerating from a red light. He reached for her waist to move her closer to him then, she made her first mistake that night by moving into his body. They sat close together while everyone stared, in act to make the embarrassment disappear she closed her eyes and thought of those winning races her team ran that night. To no avail, she could still hear the ooing and awing of her team behind, in front and everywhere around her. Just streets down from the school Megan made her second mistake by letting Leo reached for her neck and began a slow repetitive kiss. Megan knew in her mind that Leo had a girlfriend and she had a guy who she was hoping would ask her out but, nothing seemed to matter she just laid still. Then as the last mistake of that night Megan let her friend send a message to that one special guy of hers (who we’ll call Sean.)
When Sean received that message he was enraged, Megan ruined the relationship between Leo and his girlfriend, she shook apart her life with close friends, and she never spoke to Sean again. Megan was a junior and Sean a senior and as the year came to an end he graduated with not even a goodbye to his once special Megan. The regret and pain never left that poor girl’s soul; it was a year later when people still spoke about that one night that changed her views about everything. She, in hopes of putting things to rest wrote this.

The author's comments:
I hope girls, and guys will read this and think about their actions the next time they "make a move." You can seriously damage someone's reputation if all you think about is yourself.