Burn Away The Pain | Teen Ink

Burn Away The Pain

By texmexgirl98 SILVER, Leavenworth, Kansas
texmexgirl98 SILVER, Leavenworth, Kansas

Who do you think you are ? Runnin round leavin scars, collectin your jar of hearts. Tearin love apart. Your gonna catch a cold... from the ice inside your soul. Dont come back for me. Dont come
back at all.

I walked into my room. I knew what i was going to do. It wasn't safe, wasn't sane. But, I had to do it. This life that i was living was a lie. There was a family portrait above the fireplace, we are all smiling. It was so fake. If only the world knew the truth about this family.
My family is a complete wreck. My mom drinks away the pain that her shipwreck of a marriage brings her. My dad hits us if we misbehave or even tell him to stop. My sister ran away when she was just 12. i was seven at the time. I am now 14. They told everyone that she was accepted into a dance academy in Switzerland because they didn't want anyone to find out about what goes on in this terrible prison that they call a home.We haven't seen her since.
No one knew about this life. No one ever will either. My parents deserve to feel the pain that they inflict on us everyday!
They are both sleeping like they don't have a care in the world. I have my plan, and I am about to put in action. No one can stop me now.
I cover the floor in gasoline. I take out my dads cigar lighter and turn this horrible place into nothing but ashes. My parents can hurt me no longer.

THIS IS NOT BASED ON A TRUE STORY. It seemed like an interesting topic that some people may be able to relate to. i love my own parents very much and would never wish to harm them.