Givin up. | Teen Ink

Givin up.

October 14, 2011
By IsabelleRamsay SILVER, Oakville, Other
IsabelleRamsay SILVER, Oakville, Other
7 articles 2 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whats the point of living, when you are just going to die anyway?- me.


the intercom was the one to announce that his body had finally given up. i don't remember what i was wearing that day, or how my hair looked, or what noises fell out of my mouth. death has dulled the sharp edges within me. this is what i do know: some people burst into tears and some people sat frozen and pale and some people simply got up and left the room.



"are you okay?" someone asked me, and i found that i was lying on the floor, though i couldn't understand how i'd gotten there. the overhead lights were buzzing and humming, or maybe it was just my heart. confused, i sat up quickly and let the blood rush to my head in one glorious fell swoop.



"are you okay?" they asked again, and i said yes, yes, i am okay. i am alive. i have to be okay. the linoleum is still cold against my cheek and i can still see i am alive i am okay i am okay i am okay.



but sometimes i wish i had told them no


The author's comments:
I guess the thing that inspired me most is when my friend was in the hospital. He had lost control on his bike and broke his neck. The day he died, the school intercom had announced it and this is basically what happened...