Sister, help me survive | Teen Ink

Sister, help me survive

October 14, 2009
By coeurbrisé BRONZE, Santa Monica, California
coeurbrisé BRONZE, Santa Monica, California
3 articles 4 photos 25 comments

Tessie walked slowly down the stairs holding on to the rail hoping she won’t fall, She has already walked 3 of them but her sister is making her do another. Her bones ached and she started to get dizzy, she shut and opened her eyes hoping the pain would go away, but it wasn’t. She was almost to the bottom but that didn’t mean anything because she would have to go back up. Tessie could see her sister smiling up at her from the bottom of the stairs, she hated that smile; hated her perfect teeth and hated that Hadley was in shape while Tessie wasn’t. When she finally got to the bottom her breathe barely kept up with her, she had to bend over to keep from passing out. Hadley; on the other hand, was still smiling and her perfectly shaped body made Tessie cringe in hate, “Ready to go back up?” Hadley said making Tessie laugh in hate, “Obviously not! This is ridiculous, I’m not in shape and apparently I’m not ready to get in shape.”

Tessie paused to take another breathe as she headed to sit down on a park bench but Hadley stopped her. “What is your problem I want to sit.” Tessie yelled making nearly everyone stare, “Well too bad! You’re going to loose weight and besides the only way to the car is up.” Tessie didn’t argue; she had nothing else to say because her sister was right and she hated it. After just 6 steps Tessie felt the pain once again, she held on to the railing to help her up but it was no use, she couldn’t go any further. She stopped walking and stood on the step, panting in agony. She hated her sister, hated her with a burning rage. She grudgingly reached the top after thirty minutes and was welcomed by Hadley’s smile; she rolled her eyes and walked towards her water.

“Ready for another one?” Hadley said with a giggle. Tessie’s body roared with anger, Hadley better be joking or Hadley was going to get punched, “What no! You promised I can just do four, that’s the most I have done and I don’t care if I’m starting my second year of high school tomorrow, I’m not doing it!” Hadley didn’t say anything back, she just grabbed her water and walked towards the car; Tessie followed. The air was muskier than when they went to the stairs and a lot hotter, but she didn’t complain she never cared what the weather would be outside the next day or the day after that because it never affected her, she always stayed inside anyway.


The author's comments:
This is the begining of this story I'm writing, I especially like this part (:
it's just about a sophmore in highschool whos fighting to fit in