Nobody to a Somebody | Teen Ink

Nobody to a Somebody

By Mizotron GOLD, Ashburn, Virginia
Mizotron GOLD, Ashburn, Virginia

Writing is not just something to do, its what I am, and what i feel i should be, and thats how it should feel when you know you want to be a writer.
~Kimberly Lynn

Nobody:Though I sit upon this seat, I am neglected, an outcast. People pass by me, not seeing me. I wonder, "Do I truly exist? To them, not giving any second glance, I am worth nothing. I am a nobody."

Somebody:I see a person sitting there, I neglect her, she is an outcast. I see many people pass her by, not seeing her. I guess she was just my imagination, she doesn't exist. I give her no second glance, she is nothing. She must be a nobody.

Nobody:I am alone, no one cares about my misery. A sombody passed me a while ago. She gave me a second glance, maybe she notices me. What do I do? She held out her hand to me. I took it, I felt like a somebody.

Somebody:I risked a second glance, she saw. I truly noticed her. I walked up to her. She seemed confused. "Come with me," I said and I held out my hand. As she took it, she became a somebody.

Why can't the rest of us help those who are alone, and help them become a somebody too?

bestdayever<3 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

Take a chance and never let go. Risk everything, lose nothing. Don't worry about anything anymore. Cry in the rain and speak up loud. Say what you want and love who you want. Be yourself and not what people want to see. Never blame anyone if you get hurt because you took the risk and you decided who was worth the while

tht was really good, a little short but i really liked it!

dancerpoet92 BRONZE, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

"are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?" ~monty python and the holy grail

i love the idea of your piece its so true

Mizotron GOLD said...
Mizotron GOLD, Ashburn, Virginia

~Kimberly Lynn

most of the time i write these when im bored in class and i have a bit of extra time on my hands.... i write as much as i can as fast as i can... but i rarely pick up the same train of thought i have once ive stopped... so i just post em as they are...

zenniebaybieex3 BRONZE, NYC, New York

"nobody said it was going to be easy. they just promised it'd be worth it"
"envy is ignorance. imitation is suicide"-r.w emerson
"the beauty in this world isn't hidden. we just dont open our eyes to see it"

I really like this piece of work but it would have been better if it was a bit longer.