Prologue | Teen Ink

Prologue

By project827 GOLD, Portage, Michigan
project827 GOLD, Portage, Michigan

"Real Revolution Starts At Learning, If You're Not Angry, Then You Are Not Paying Attention" - Tim McIlrath

“So this is what it’s come to.”

He stared down the barrel of the gun, not a hint of fear in his eyes. Just sadness. Lights flickered here and there. Doors were torn off their hinges, windows were smashed and smoke drifted through the air. Blood was everywhere.

The hand holding the gun was shaking. The sound of ragged breaths echoed in the emptiness of the hallway. “This is what it was supposed to come to.” His voice was harsh, as if he were holding back tears. He wiped away the sweat that soaked is forehead with his free hand, his eyes never leaving his victim.

He cocked his head. “Then why haven’t you killed me yet?” He waited for an answer, but all he got was a frightened glare. “You’ve killed enough people so far that you shouldn’t have a problem with me.”

The one holding the gun couldn’t keep it in any longer. Tears streamed from his eyes. “What have I done?” His entire body was shaking, and it was all he could do to keep the gun trained to the head of who he thought was responsible for everything that had happened. Everyone that had died, everything that had been destroyed, and everything that was lost.

“Go ahead and shoot me. I got nothing left to lose.” He closed his eyes and waited for his adversary to pull the trigger.

This is the prologue to the novel that i am attempting to write. The novel probably won't be out for a long time (a really long time.) but i thought i'd show you what i got so far. the novel's title would be In The Beginning There Were Shadows.

project827 GOLD, Portage, Michigan

for anyone who wants updates or something with my noel i need all the feedback i can get. thanks!

project827 GOLD, Portage, Michigan

when i get a decent amount of the novel done i'll let you all know. i'm busy nowadays with school and such but i'll keep at it.

SadieKeller said...
Bravo! This was great. Hurry up and write the novel, I wanna know what's goin' down, yo. :)

Flame said...
Awesome. Very suspenseful.

RaeRae said...
I still love this! As I love all of your work/writings. :)

In_Love_Loved PLATINUM, Concord, New Hampshire

"I've lost my faith in so many things but I still believe in you." -Sanctus Real

I love the title.

Heather<3 said...
Heather<3, McCune, Kansas
I like this! Do you have any more written? Where can I read it?