Wonderlands worst nightmare | Teen Ink

Wonderlands worst nightmare

August 15, 2009
By Brittaner DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Brittaner DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
51 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"words are just songs without the corny elevator music behind them"
-Me (random thought)


Chapter 1:
"Sam, Sam...Samantha Anne Grey wake up RIGHT NOW!" Natalie yelled.from the driver seat of the car. "mom come on please just a few more-" Sam wined groggly "NO were here now so get up we have to get your room number and then get your stuff to your room" Natalie Sam's mother ordered. "Ugh...fine but i'm taking a nap once all of this is done!" Sam stated. "ok now lets get your stuff and go to the office" Natalie said opening the trunk. "hello may I have your student name please?" the receptionist asked from behind the desk "Samantha Anne Grey" Sam said loud enough for the elder receptionist to hear. "yes here you are here is your room number and please don't forget to attend the opening ceremony at one o'clock. Welcome to Brooksdale Academy" the lady said. "thank you" Sam said walking out the door. "ok so your room number is 623J according to the sign you need to go up stairs to get to it" Natalie said dragging a slew of luggage with her. "mom wait the sign says theres elevators" Sam mumbled Sam whats taking you soo long i'm already up half of the steps, come on" her mom yelled. "mom you do know they have elevators right?" Sam asked. "yeah I saw them on the sign but exersize is good, come on" Natalie said walking off. "ugh mom and her exercise routines again maybe she should of gone in the military instead of dad she would make one heck of a drill sargent." rose mumbled. "ok now all we have to do is unpack your stuff really quick and you'll be all set" Sam heard as she was walking into her room. "mom I can do that why don't you go make sure Nate is here and not argueing with somebody" Sam said. "ohh I almost forgot about your brother god knowing his temper hes argueing with twenty people by now" Natalie said running down the hall."yes comfy bed here I come" Rose said flying to the bed and falling asleep.

'oh my gosh i'm late, first day here and i'm already late for the opening ceremony. This is going to be great' Sam thought running to the gym. *Wham* "owww" she heard a voice say. "oh I'm sorry are you ok" she said getting up. "yeah, in a rush?" he asked. "yeah i'm late for opening ceremony" Sam said helping him up "thanks, you do know it's not mandatory right you can get your schedule in the office rather than sitting in there for an hour" He said. "you can?" Sam asked while he nodded "thanks..." "it's Nate" he said. "samantha, thanks Nate" she said running off "you do know the office is that way?" She heard Nate call "oh sorry, thanks" she shouted after him. "Nate? Nate? where are you?" katie called from around the corner. 'oh no Kate what do I do' he thought. 'oh no shes almost here' "hey...hold up" he called running after her. "huh?oh it's Samantha. are you getting your schedule from the office to?" Sam asked "yeah Nate. and you might get lost if someone dosn't show you the way" Nate said while Sam scracthed the back of her head. 'she is soo dead nate is MINE!' Kate thought as she saw them walking off. "Samantha, are you new here?" Nate asked "yeah I just transferred, you can call me Sam instead of samantha or Anne" Sam replied "ok, what schoold did you transfer from" Nate asked. "Crimson Crest" she replied bluntly "WHAT!? isnt that that school for like geniuses(sp)?" Nate asked shocked. "I guess you could say so but it wasn't interesting and all the people there did was study and try and overpower eachother, thats why I transferred" Sam said. "oh, well heres the office" he said walking in. "hello welcome back Ms. Grey" the lady at the front desk said. "yes umm, I came to get my schedule" Sam said quietly. "sure here you go" the lady said after rumaging throught some papers and handing Nate one too "thanks" they both said in unison "is there anything else you need?" the lady asked "ummm...do have any maps of the school?" Sam asked. "yes here you go" she said handing her another peice of paper "thank you" Sam said walking out the door "have a nice day" the lady responed as they walked out the door "thanks Nate, but I've gotta get back to my room and my stuff so I can get my supplies" Sam said taking the map out and walking towards the stairs.


The author's comments:
this is part of the first chapter of the newest book i'm writig on.