Beaches | Teen Ink

Beaches

January 6, 2019
By LilyFQC SILVER, Anita, Iowa
LilyFQC SILVER, Anita, Iowa
5 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
-Unknown


-Before reading, this story talks about a girl who is depressed and talks about a few serious topics. Just a warning!-

(Written on January 4th and 5th, 2019)

The girl stood atop the jagged cliff, looking down at the sandy beach below. The tide was starting to come in and there was no one else to be found. She combed a blistered hand through her wavy brown hair, sighing.

Was this going to be the end? Was this beach the last thing I'll ever see?

She thought about this as the blue sky soon turned to a pink-purple color, a beautiful sunset. The girl took a deep breath, feeling her pulse quicken a bit.

It's going to be ok. This will all be over soon.

A small smile formed on her face as she took a step forward.

She could hear distant calls and pleads in the back of her mind, telling her that suicide wasn't the answer, but her decision was final. She took another step forward, leaning off the cliff.

"I'm coming mom," the girl whispered quietly. She rolled up her sleeves, revealing a bruised and broken heart tattoo surrounded by scars from weeks and weeks of cutting.

Then, she jumped.

Memories flooded the girl's brain, overwhelming her with emotion in the last few seconds of her life. From her 10th birthday to when her mom had died of lung cancer, the girl let the reality and impact of what she had just done hit her like the rocks and sand below her were about to.

She smiled as her helpless body crumpled into the sand it had landed upon, dyeing it with the deep reds of her blood.

As the girl took her last breath, the girl felt the tide sweep her body away into the purple sea in front of her, leaving behind the life she once knew as home.


The author's comments:

This piece was inspired by what has been going on in my life right now(not the lung cancer and mom situation). I think this mostly represents the mixed emotions I'm having at this point as a teen going through stress.