Her Friend | Teen Ink

Her Friend

By blueraspberry BRONZE, Hillsborough, New Jersey
blueraspberry BRONZE, Hillsborough, New Jersey

She sat alone at the curb of the vacant street. The brisk winter stung her pale cheeks as she waited. She was waiting for a friend, a friend that only came out when it was dark; a friend that only came when his complete opposite left. Sitting there on the icy, cold bricks, the girl realized there were no signs of life anywhere. In a strange way, the girl enjoyed the loneliness. It made her feel warm despite the gusty winds that swept around her.
The street had one lamp post that flickered, but didn’t stay on. No high rise buildings or luxury houses lined this street as the ones neighboring did. The street was an empty one. Her music device blasted classical Mozart piano duets that she had recorded a while back. Comfort Music. Tightening the midnight black scarf around her long, thin neck, she wondered if she should leave. She could always see her friend tomorrow. No. Her friend was promised he was going to be different tonight. Her chocolate brown eyes scanned the street and then looked into the distance. The sun was slowly crawling into its nest to sleep. On the other side of the street, she noticed another figure. Yes.
The moon was creeping into its comfortable position in the sky. She stared up at the orange colored sphere with eyes that screamed delight. The moon was at its fullest tonight: an overpowering, orange disc that hung low in the sky. It was slowly took place of the sun and was the only light in the sky. The only thing that would break the girl’s loneliness had finally shown.