The Last Prey | Teen Ink

The Last Prey

By Dayeeta BRONZE, Kolkata, Other
Dayeeta BRONZE, Kolkata, Other

Winners don't do different things,they do things differently.

The sun was on the verge of setting,the skies blushed a purple moor.In the far distance a streak of gold could be seen hiding amidst the green lush.All of a sudden it seemed to come nearer in a great speed growing into a decent figure.Oh! What a beauty.

She has got the ability to make all heads turn towards her ,rich or poor,brave or coward have no difference in their attitude when it comes to her because everyone shrieks, an icy cold sensation runs down the spine,goosebumps and cold sweats cover ones' body when she comes to a standstill.
Her skin is like the gold covered with spots of black emerald,her canines are as sharp as jade,her eyes are raging with the fire that's in her mind,she is ready to take down any coward that would ever come to brawl with her.And when she starts running the rays if the setting sun caresses her slender figure teasing the minds of every young hunter.However,this doesn't stop her she keeps running with a speed that could make a royal horse blush.
She has been running for a lon

g while now from a young heart who has kept his eyes on her for a while now.He has promised himself that he wouldn't let her escape from his clutch.There she is running in the wild like a careless wind and here he is aiming at her cautiously.Then suddenly he pulls down the trigger and everything does come to a standstill and as I mentioned earlier his heart starts pounding,goosebumps rise upto his arms and an icy cold sensation runs down his spine as he watches her collapse to the ground with blood oozing out of her body.

The young hunter finally killed the cheetah.No,she couldn't take one last prey down.She surrendered her crimes. I

I wrote this piece to protest against poaching of wild animals.Animals have equal rights on this planet just like the human beings but it seems to me that they have forgotten this fact.It's high time for us to remind them this fact.