Moonlight | Teen Ink

Moonlight

July 24, 2013
By writeforeverandever BRONZE, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
writeforeverandever BRONZE, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

I am drunk.
The moon closes in on Earth and hangs low in the sky. It is creamy and white and out on my balcony, looks sort of depressing, Germany's moon. But, I keep looking out, as if there were some sort of lost hope in the infinite sea of stars, but instead take another swig from my flask, letting the alcohol make its euphoria on my body,brain, and soul. "What are you looking at?!"I say to the moon, letting out all of my anger and frustrations and a warm slap of summer air takes me wholly as its slave. However, now I start seeing her face. It carves itself into the moon and again, for the billionth time, her face carves into my heart. " I'm still not over you!" I howl into the empty wind. The darkness of the night invades my soul and my heart. I lean over the balcony thinking of the secrets, the passions, the love affairs we shared. And it all went crashing down because, when it comes to the liquor, I can't control it. It's as if it were my own natural remedy to life. My own way to find myself. I throw my flask down to the street and count how many seconds it takes for it to hit the ground. 5,6,7 and I hear the sound of metal making a small dent on the dark and wet cobblestone of Berlin. I can still see her gleaming eyes, the twinkling brown making her soul seem even more bright than it already is. A small tear trickles down my cheek and I wipe it away. I can't think any more about her. I have to move on. I must move on.


The author's comments:
This piece is not finished, I want feedback. This was written listening to Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven while being anti-social.