Welcome to Salem! | Teen Ink

Welcome to Salem!

By scoobiibaby54 PLATINUM, San Antonio, Texas
scoobiibaby54 PLATINUM, San Antonio, Texas

Trust me,I know where my heart is & my heart`s right here.I`m going to keep doin everything because I love to do it,but I will never sacrifice my time between the ropes.That`s no shot to anybody. Everybody's got diff career paths. This is mine-John C.

"Well 'tis be your new home."my step-father's brother says with a smile. I nod slightly looking up at my new home. No, my temporary home. "Come now, let us introduce you to the family."he grabs my bag and leads the way inside. I enter the small home.
The year be 1692. The summer be ending as the chill of fall sets in. I have traveled all the way from New Hampshire with my step-uncle to start learning how to be a wife. Mother says I'd ought to learn more here. Why come to Salem? Especially when, on the way here, I learn of the trials where everyone be called witch. I must not make friends with the Afflicted but how can I not when it seems everyone outside their circle be called witch? I swear to myself to not become afflicted.
A small girl smiles at us. "Ahh little Ann 'tis be Maria Putnam. She be staying with us to help just as Mercy does."
Ann's smile disappears,"She be replacing Mercy?"
"No, she will be helping along with Mercy."her father responds.
"Thomas!" Missus Putnam calls from her room upstairs. I watch as Mr.Putnam disappears upstairs to tend to his wife.
Ann turns her attention to me. "So ye are here to help Mercy. Do ye have a family?" I can tell she doesn't like me. "Yea, I do have a family. They thought I should start anew and learn to be a wife here in Salem so step-father sent me here with uncle Putnam to learn."
"Hmph."Ann turned away. I have no idea what that child has against me. My thoughts were stalled as a fair young woman my age entered the room. "Oh!Hello ye must be Maria. I'm Mercy Lewis. Welcome to Salem!"She smiled.

This is the part of the first chapter of a new book I want to write. Let me know how you guys like it.:)

on Apr. 5 2013 at 8:52 am
iluvrockandroll2 PLATINUM, Tinton Falls, New Jersey

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga

nice job!! Can't wait to see what happens next :) keep writing~~