Dear Daniel | Teen Ink

Dear Daniel

By ManNat24 BRONZE, Cascade, Iowa
ManNat24 BRONZE, Cascade, Iowa

Dear Daniel,

Your mother and I cannot express how much we miss you right now. It feels like a piece of our family is missing. We hope that everything going on in the Middle East will be resolved soon so that you can come back home to us. We miss you so much and look forward to the day you come home, because so much has happened since you left for the Middle East. Your sister Caroline married her fiancé, David. Her husband is very charismatic and easy to get along with. You would get along well with him. He enjoys golf, basketball, and football just like you do. He reminds us so much of you, and we are excited for when you finally get to meet him. The wedding was so beautiful, and the church was a perfect fit for the two of them. The only thing they wished they could have had more was that you could have been present.

Your younger brother Jacob has also decided to follow in your footsteps and join the army just like you did. He wanted to tell you this himself before he left for basic training, but he never got the opportunity. You were always his role model and someone he thought very highly of. Jacob saw the difference you have been making over in the Middle East where you’ve been stationed and decided that that was what he needed to be doing. He left for basic last weekend so we wont be hearing from him for a while, but we will keep you updated on any new news in his adventures.

We miss you like crazy,

Mom and Dad