The Real Ruby | Teen Ink

The Real Ruby

December 20, 2023
By Anonymous

     “My god, they’re going to kill us all!” shouts the wounded Governor. The final shot was fired. The bullet struck the President in the skull, passing through his brain. Jack Ruby packs up his gun and leaves the postal annex building, heading for Dallas Morning News building.


    Ruby and the rest of the mob are about to vote out a certain member. Due to his former involvement with the military, and partially due to his Japanese heritage, Lee Harvey Oswald would be framed for assassinating the President.


    Every member of the gang swore that if they were voted, that they wouldn’t blow their cover, and they would make sure that they were accused. Frustrated by this, Oswald shoots Officer Tippit on the way back home. He knew what was coming.


    A couple days later Jack Ruby confronts Oswald on the street. He walked up to Oswald, grabbed his pistol, and shot him at point-blank range.


    “Jack, you son of a gun!” exclaimed Detective Combest, recognizing him immediately.


The author's comments:

This is based on the Kennedy assassination and the events that took place afterward. In this altered version, Jack Ruby is a member of the gang the one who killed Kennedy.