Life and Death | Teen Ink

Life and Death

September 13, 2022
By Anonymous

In history there were two kingdom who fought each other in many places for conquering land. A kingdom call Emet Chaim for their goals is to give true life while the kingdom Emet Sheol for their goal is to give true freedom. Both kingdoms fought for many years, beautiful land turn into gravesite with dead soldiers laying on the ground but even in death these soldiers still hold on to their weapons ready for another battle. Over the years the Emet Chaim been capturing more of Emet Sheol territory.  Emet Chaim fierce general Anaviosi leading her soldier, burning town and killing civilian.

In a forest at night there Emet Chaim outpost; however, Emet Sheol warriors surrounding the outpost. The one who leading the ambush was a warrior name Moira. “Charge!” said Moira. The Chaim knights were caught in surprise they tried to fend off but been defeated; the Emet Sheol capture the outpost with ease. “We wait here for the night and continued on marching tomorrow morning before the sun arisen,” said General Thana. The next day, ally platoon arrives to combine battalion, we been marching for five hours, till we hear drum playing at the distance of the other side of the grassland.

Seeing massive of Emet Chaim knights marching, causing the Earth to shake. We see their banner raise in the sky seeing the mark; the banner was red with a black rose with thorn and there a bee above the rose. Our battalion flag-bear raise our banner; our banner is dark blue at the bottom to light blue at the top where the mark is a beaming yellow sun.

We are outnumber but defending the path which lead to our kingdom, that is our main priority and our great concern. General Thana order warriors to get their bow out in front; “Raise your bows and aim at the sky!” “Shoot!” General Thana yell out as soon he said that hundreds of arrows were sent to the sky and then fall like rain droplet. Emet Chaim knights raise their shield up facing toward the arrows blocking them. At the distance we heard and saw the arrow meeting contract with shield; furthermore, the rain of arrows stops, the Emet Chaim knights lower their shield after a few second it was silence only the wind was whispering. Then the Emet Chaim General Anaviosi show her face and then start walking toward to us a few steps apart her army started following.

General Thana start ordering to start using their bows. General Anaviosi shouted at her knights to charge, the Chaim knights at Sheol warriors. General Thana told everyone to prepared for combat; “We defend this land until death,” said General Thana, “To death!” shout by every Sheol Warriors, every warrior started to charge too. Moira raises her sword and shield and lead with other warriors. Both armies were running toward each other while shouting their battle cry since both armies started to clash, each warrior and knights fight to the death, arrow flies through the battlefield, knights and warriors fallen to the ground, hearing screaming and yelling across the battlefield. Meanwhile General Thana kept pushing through Chaim knights and right behind is Moira and other warrior who try to catch up with General Thana. Moira and the other warriors fend of the Chaim knights until two of Sheol warrior been killed by General Anaviosi; “Finally we meet,” General Thana said while pointing his sword at her.

“Death and revival,” said General Anaviosi and then she charges at General Thana, both general clash with each other, fighting and block each other attack until General Thana swing his sword, at that moment General Anaviosi dodge and thrust her sword through General Thana. Moira charge at General Anaviosi, she manages to block and dodge each attack. General Anaviosi. “You pay for this,” said Moira, Moira started swings her sword in anger but General Anaviosi kept blocking each attack until Moira slice her arm; “You are the only one who manage to hit me,” Said General Anaviosi while standing with her arm, blood streaming down like a river, “You good but too bad you going to die,” Said General Anaviosi as she charging toward Moira, Moira dodge and swing her sword but been block again, Moira attack Anaviosi but this time General Anaviosi slice Moira arm off. Moira losing massive amount of blood she drops down onto her kneel and started to realize her ally warriors are dying more soon the Emet Chaim is going to win and to capture Emet Sheol kingdom. Moira stare at Emet Chaim General “No I can’t die now,” said Moira, “You, I will kill you before I truly died” “You fought well but at the end you still died,” said General Anaviosi as she walks toward Moira “May you rest in peace,” said General Anaviosi as she slit Moira throat. Moira fell to the ground and after the final warriors died, the Emet Chaim earn their victory leaving the grassland leaving dead bodies on the ground. The only thing that still stand is the Emet Sheol banner a dark blue at the bottom that goes light blue on top in the banner and the beaming yellow sun as the mark.

The sun is setting in the grassland these dead soldiers laying on the ground but even in death these soldiers still hold on to their weapons ready for another battle. A plague doctor, all black seeing the bodies and sensing anger in some. The doctor chant a spell “truth, death, soldiers shall pass away and go to the sky, but soldiers and fate shall rise” as soon the doctor say his spell some of Emet Sheol warriors rises from the dead, they felt afraid have no idea what happen to them but wonder why. Moira sat on the ground seeing her arm being sew to her body she then stands up and started remembering then her fear of dying lead to courage fuel by her anger, everyone remembers, their anger come back to them. Moira now leading 190 warriors. The platoon started to dig grave for their fallen ally, Moira looks at her general grave “May you rest in peace and go to the light,” said Moira as she put their banner next to General Thana grave and leave. The plague doctor was hiding behind a tree and see them leave wondering if it was a good idea.

Moira leading a platoon toward back to the kingdom, as marching they see a campsite of enemy platoon. Moira told her unit to bang their shield as loud as they can, the Chaim knights see us with our blood still leaking out of our body armor. Moira told the archers to shoot arrow and then tell the dead warriors to charge at the Chaim knights, the knights got shot by arrow by seeing the dead charging with reckless anger scare them the most, Chaim knights retreat with fear. We been marching seeing more smoke where we headed, we been walking for hours soon the sun will rise again. In the morning we see ashes everywhere also seeing the Emet Chaim banner; A red banner with a black rose with thorn and a bee above it. Right in front of the banner, the ground hold a small sapling still growing, Moira wonders why the Emet Chaim banner symbol is a black rose with thorn and a bee above it while the banner is full red, she thinks about it, but she decided to stop thinking and continued leading her platoon toward their kingdom. A couple hour later she started thinking about the Emet Sheol banner is dark blue at the bottom but light blue toward the top and the symbol is a yellow beaming sun.

Moira continued to think about it until her platoon reach at a hill seeing the kingdom of Emet Sheol “5 more mile away,” said Moira but when looking down at the slope there was the Chaim camping and there was General Anaviosi preparing her knights for the raid. “Enough thinking, now revenge will arrive,” said Moira; furthermore, Moira commanded all the archer to release their arrow, and then a rain of arrow flew down at the Chaim, Moira told her warriors to charge down to the slope. The dead army charge, General Anaviosi see this and refuse to retreat she grab her sword and encourage her knights “Bring those dead back under the ground,” said General Anaviosi.

The Sheol army charging down the slope while the Chaim knights raise their shield into a wall then both met contract each pushes each other to break their defense, Sheol keep thrusting their sword at the Chaim through the gap of the shield wall until boom! A cannon been use by Chaim knights. After a couple of second the dead still arose with missing limb and armor shatter. “General Anaviosi,” shouting by Moira, “we not done let”.  Moira charge at General Anaviosi, General Anaviosi block Moira attack by her shield “You supposed to be dead,” General Anaviosi shouted. Both army charge at each other again while General Anaviosi and Moira at the center of the battle. Chaim knights fight with fear while the Sheol warriors fight with anger.  General Anaviosi and Moira kept fighting, Moira dodge and swing her sword but been block again, Moira attack Anaviosi, AnavVisosi block and thought Moira was foolish to fall for the same attack. “I have you now,” said General Anaviosi when she about to swing her sword to cut Moira arm but Moira dodge and cut general Anaviosi leg. Anaviosi fell onto the ground, she looks at Moira. “How, you and your warrior was supposed to be dead,” said General Anaviosi, “My fate is not over however, your fate end here,” said Moira, Moira thrust her sword through Anaviosi; “May you rest in the afterlife,” said Moira. After the battle the undead warriors were happy and each one would faded away.


The author's comments:

I am student who been told to write a short story as an assignment.