9/11 A Heroic Day | Teen Ink

9/11 A Heroic Day

I am a 12 year old, sixth grade middle schooler, who loves hanging out with all my best friends. We are a group of five friends that have all grown up with each other. I mean, come on, we all use to take baths together when we were little. I'm a little more husky than most of my other friends, that's why I love playing quarterback in football. We all love to play football with each other. Playing football is something we are good at. That was 3 days before something really bad happens in history.

The very next day, I was playing football with my friends when the school coach stopped us and was wondering if me and my friends wanted to tryout for the team this year. I was so excited. I asked my friends. They said yes, so I said yes. The coach told us that “tryouts were at 3pm later this afternoon at Central Middle School” or CMS for short, home of the Jaguars.

Later that day, when I got home from school I told my mom. She was so excited for me. She asked if “we need a ride to tryouts”?

I said “yes”. I asked if she would stay and watch me tryout for the team.

She said, “sure.”

When we got there, me and my friends went up there and played a good game of football out on the turf. After the game was finished, coach congratulated us,  because WE all made the TEAM!. My mom, friends and I were so excited that we celebrated with pizza and ice cream at the end.

The next day, while we were at football practice, we were practicing our drills for our big day tomorrow because it was our first game. After our practice, I told my friends that I could not wait for our game tomorrow. They said, “Me too. Where is it going to be?” they said. Then I said it is going to be at our field then I said I have to go.

Then, when I got home I told my mom and dad that I have a game tomorrow. They said, “great,” then I said, “you are going to be there right?”

Mom said, “I will be there, but your dad will not.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because your dad got a new job at the twin towers.”

The next morning, my mom drove me to my game. I got ready for the game. I played quarterback I passed the ball to the runner. The runner ran to the touchdown then I heard a weird noise I looked in the sky I saw one plane hit one of the twin towers. Minutes after another one hit the other tower.

While I played my first game of football, the twin towers were attacked. Two planes were hijacked and crashed into the twin towers. Hundred of people were killed, but many survived. They built a place for those who died.

Before I could do anything, mom said “get to the car.”

I said, “what is going on.”

“I don’t know,” mom said.

Before I knew it mom was driving to the disaster.

“Why are we driving this way?” I asked. “That’s where the danger is.”

“We have to see if you’re dad’s ok.”

The streets where blocked off by police. We asked if we could get in to see if my dad is alright.

“No,” said the policeman. “Go check over there were all the rescued are.”

We looked for hours, but we could not find him.

Finally we started walking to the car. That’s when we heard this noise. It sounded like help. As we backed up, it got louder. We followed the word, asked it questions.

As soon as we get near the sound we could tell it was coming from under a pile of brick, glass, wood.

“Where are you?”

“I’m here. Get help.”

As the rescue workers lifted the debris, I saw my dad’s face covered with ash. I ran up and hugged him, but he was in pain a lot. Finally, the ambulance came and rushed him to the hospital. Two weeks went by before we could pick up my dad from the hospital. The first thing he asked was, “how is football going?”

“Good,” I said. “We won our first and second game.”

I am a boy who loves games and basketBall.

Dancer1313 said...
on Jan. 25 2019 at 10:04 am
Dancer1313, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

"There is no friend more loyal than a book."

If this is a true story, I am very sad. Well ethier way I am very sad. It was so good.