Death Note Rebirth | Teen Ink

Death Note Rebirth

By Kofidaxxinport BRONZE, Northampton, Other
Kofidaxxinport BRONZE, Northampton, Other

"Ride or Die"- Vin Deisel

Crackling, hissing and snoring added with the sound of a thousand souls crying can be heard. I Ryuk, have been here, the Shinigami world for what? A millennium and over. We Shinigami have nothing to do anymore. We are the poor wicked souls of people who for our own selfish ambitions have utilized the spiritistic, powerful yet evil power of the Death Note. I am so bored, this world is rotten.
Sometime’s to cure my boredom I think of my time in the human world, there are hundreds of stories, but there are stories, that stand out from the rest, in its own unique way. The Fall of the Second Kira was my favorite experience in the human world, here the greatest showdown of deception, deductive reasoning and hate anyone had ever seen went down. At that time I was the Shinigami or God of Death, for at that time’s current Kira.
Kira, he is more like a vendetta, to many people in the human world, Kira is a God, a Messiah, a Vigilante, A Judge who passes righteous judgment on the unholy, Kira and his believers believe, that killing criminal’s is the true form of justice. Within days of having the Death Note, The first incarnation of Kira, Killed of over ninety percent of the world biggest Gang leaders, shockingly within the course of three months, crime worldwide had dropped as low as ten percent. Government’s Bowed down to Kira, people worshiped him. But the Police did not support the Kira International Regime of Associate’s, see KIRA. The first Kira was put to death by the greatest detective of all time. Lawrence ‘L’ Lawliet. However, two years went by and I got bored and dropped my Death Note from my world to the Human world where the CSI student Arise Daikiri Aru, picked up the notebook and he became the next Kira.
Within days, crime decreased instantly, everyone knowing Kira is a God!. This specific event took place in Shinjuku, the Shibuya Region. The JSF (Japanese Special Forces) torture house.
“Rule one of the Death Note, The one who’s name is written in the notebook shall die, if the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack, Well Arise what are you hiding” said a white-haired man in his late twenties, he wore glasses, and had sharp red eyes that glared intently on Arise, sending shivers down my back. Only users of the Death Note who have made a pact with me that can see me they can also break that pack and forget everything about me and the Death Note, by renowned ownership of the death note.  Arise was strapped to a chair blood now dripping from his now chopped of thumb and little finger on his left arm. His red hair looked like a blazing furnace he lifted his head and laughed, “Go to hell, I don’t know what you're talking about.” His blue eyes cringed to the intense light in his face “Listen Mr. Aru, you can let all this pain end if you just tell me what how you do these killings, or it keeps going” Arise sat up properly this time smiled and licked the blood from his hand and opened his mouth “I don’t want it anymore, Ryuk.” At that moment I know what he is talking about I said “Ok you have now renowned ownership of the Death Note see you later” and I removed his name from the people who can hear or see me, in my Death Note. He fell back screaming, I turned and look at the paramedics who were on standby watching his vitals. “ Lieutenant Tosaki! A huge pressure has been lifted off his brain to seem he has cause himself Amnesia or a powerful memory sweep of his mind! Or he has been sent to his limit must have caused memory loss.” Tosaki stood there in defeat, hate, and embarrassment, “Second time in a five-year range.” He looks down Arise started moving then went into a paroxysm of pain “Arrrghh!! What hell is going on, why? What is going?” Arise started squirming and moving a lot “Arrggh” To be honest I never have feelings but shockingly I never have sympathy or emotion, but at that time I actually felt sorry for him.
I looked at him and smiled, this is all your plan Arise, don’t break on me. The room went silent he fainted due to a loss of blood, the paramedics rushed in and cauterized his fingers to prevent further blood flow. They laid him on a stretcher and moved him to the ECU part of the torture, they put a drip mixture on him. It was a mixture of adrenaline and an anesthetic. He woke and look around. Tosaki walked in and smiled “I won't hurt you Arise, I just need you to answer some questions” the Arise opened his mouth and said “ Yes…” Fear dripping as he spoke. “Arise…who is Kira?” Arise looked towards the ceiling and closed his eyes opened and look at Tosaki and said “I don’t…know” he said as tears flowed down his face. Then the earpiece spoke to Tosaki and the person behind the microphone said: “It's Enough he is telling the truth.” Tosaki got up and left the room and looked back and walked away. When I looked around and the Camera was off, I turned and I gave Arise the Death Note back, his memories returned. Arise Finally Smiled. He had won.