The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

March 18, 2015
By chloe ferragut BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
chloe ferragut BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This is a story about a fan who is meeting Taylor Swift for the first time. She doesn't know shes meeting her, she thinks this is just an  dordinary day with her and her friends.

Chapter 1: ~The Dream~

I was in bed and I had just finished watching an episode of Taylor Swift: a Journey to Remember, Fearless Edition. I put in my headphones and listened to some soothing country music by Taylor Swift. At this point in my life, and even today, all I want is for Taylor to go on her Fearless tour again.
It’s February 13th, 2014, and I drove to Starbucks (my absolute favorite place to go meet my friends). When I was there I could already feel the intense fandom of Taylor Swift. To this day I still can’t believe she had spotted me. There were probably 95 people inside the building, and 2,000 more people outside. It took me about 30 minutes get inside. There she was, more flawless than I could imagine. She was about 5’10. All her fans surrounding her and she saw me. As I made my way through the crowd, I tripped onto floor, only to find that her feet were by my hands. I thought to myself, this is it, this is where I die. I took in a deep breath and was going through my head how to start a sentence. Hello? No, thats not unique. Bonjour? No she might think I’m from France and forget about me. Welcome to Cedarburg?
As I found the courage to finally get up, I felt her bodyguard pushing me away from her. I wanted to scream, NO! STOP! TAYLOR HELP! All I could get out of my mouth was “Excuse me.” She waves to her guard, telling him to let go of me. Out of all the words in the dictionary “I love you” came out. No hi. No hello. Just straight up “I love you.” Then I wanted to just walk away from all the embarrassment. She laughed and thought it was funny. This was something more amazing than I have ever dreamed of. I had no words to describe the feelings.
She offered to buy me a Starbucks drink. Again, with no words, I  just politely nodded my head yes. I told her that Starbucks is the last place I would have thought she would be.  She laughed again and set her stuff aside. I walked a little bit away from her because I didn’t want to seem like the needy fan kind of person. She asked the people of the cafe if her fans could go to Out N’ Out the restaurant or somewhere else. She had important things to talk about. Assuming she meant me as well, I got my drink and walked away. She stopped me right before I left the door.
“Are you going to leave me?” she asked me.
“Oh I’m sorry did I forget to pay you back,” I replied.
“No its okay. You don’t have to leave.”
“REALLY!” I screamed.
“Can’t wait to hang out.”
That was the first time I could get words to come out of my mouth without a hesitant movement I was so excited to hang out with Taylor Swift. The one and only Taylor Swift. I felt like all the information I thought I knew about her just disappeared. It was so weird, almost like everything I was talking about were her songs, her birthdays, and why she wrote what she wrote. I felt like I didn’t know the difference from fact and fiction. All the interviews I read seemed like they weren’t true. We would talk about me a little bit, but all I could get out was ¨I just want to be you¨. I pulled out my phone and called my mom. I thought it would be best for her to know that I won’t be coming home for the rest of the day.
I called my best friend Elizabeth, but everyone calls her El. I told her that Taylor was here in downtown Cedarburg. Now, Elizabeth only lives less than a block away from Starbucks, so she was so excited. I told her that she could come down. Taylor explained to me that she said on her Twitter account that one lucky fan was going to meet her. Never in a million years would I have thought it would be me.
As I open the front door to the sound of all the fans screaming it was just mind blowing. All I could think at that moment was, wow, someday I hope to be like this. I then realized that it was most likely not going to happen. I got really sad and shook myself from an amazing day. I saw Elizabeth struggling to get through the crowd. As I called her phone, I asked her to see if the back was open then, she screamed.

¨Elizabeth, are you okay? Hello? Hello,¨
¨OMG I cant believe shes really here!¨
¨I know right! Is the back open,¨
¨ Um, let me see hold on¨
I waited a little bit as Taylor was Tweeting out to her fans.
¨El is it open?¨
¨ No its blocked with Swifties.¨
¨Okay go to the gift shop.¨
This store was connected to Starbucks, but it was never opened for some weird reason.
¨Yeah I’ll try,¨ after that the phone ended the call
I took some pictures with Taylor Swift. There were a lot of cameras at Starbucks. They weren't  phone cameras or the kind you buy for photography. Nope, they were like the TV kind. I was confused.  It was almost like they were documenting it.  I’m still not very sure about that but I signed a paper that said: WARNING: WHEN YOU SIGN THIS YOU CANNOT SUE, FILE A COMPLAINT, AND OR BREAK THIS CONTRACT.  I still didn’t even read it that much but I didn’t care. The more I was on TV the higher of a chance I would have to be seen by others.
Taylor Swift took a picture of us together and we spent the whole day together, along with El. I could never leave her out of this. As our picture was taken she posted the tweet. As I looked at my twitter, I saw the number go up. All those followers. I looked at my Instagram and the same thing happened. I was so happy. This seemed like the best day of my life. I hugged her so tight. After that, Elizabeth came in too, and those camera people took more photos. She asked if I wanted to go to a photo shoot with her so we could be on the cover of a magazine. Of course, with in a heartbeat, I said yes. We left Cedarburg and headed to Palm Glam in Downtown Milwaukee. 
As the photo director told me to hug her and smile, I did just that. And the flash of the camera came in. I looked at it. When we were done with the shoot I saw Elizabeth lie down. I told Taylor she wasn’t feeling so good. El was almost ready to pass out, but the make-up crew ladies apply powder and eye makeup to El and I.  After about a couple of hours, Elizabeth started to feel better. I went on with my day with Taylor. When I went home I got a call from El. I could here her rush to the bathroom. I headed to Els house and called for her mom. Her mom took her temperature and  said it was above average. She got really ill and had to stay home for the rest of the day.
I couldn't stay with Elizabeth. Her parents took her to the doctor’s office, as I waited at home. Around 5:40 pm I got a call from El’s mom. I found out that she didn't have enough water throughout the day. Later, I talked to El and she was so happy I was okay. As I went home, I realized that the day was over. I was kind of sad but I was really happy to be a part of a once in a lifetime opportunity. And then I woke up. And I realized this was just a dream.