Spiderman vs. Nightwing | Teen Ink

Spiderman vs. Nightwing

By jamaalk1 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
jamaalk1 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

(Batman) “Hey Nightwing, I just got a tip that there may be someone coming in to shut down my research I need you to stop him”

(Story)Batman was exposed to a deadly disease that if finished may infect the whole city and eventually spread globally. SHIELD sent the only person available to stop the continuation of Batman's research. 

(Spiderman)“Ok, so have we tried asking him nicely or something. I’m pretty sure he's a nice guy I mean-”

(Nick Fury)“Listen, kid, we've tried to talk him down but he’s a man on a mission he has 2 months to live, he has a family he doesn't want to die”.

(Spiderman)“So I'm on a stealth mission eh”

(Nick Fury)“Yes, we've programmed your new suit with infrared and heat-sensing lenses. Get in and Get the hell out”.

(Nick Fury)“Although batman is sick he is still highly skilled and extremely smart so a surprise attack is the best thing we got”

(Batman)“Nightwing… you get all that”

(Nightwing)“Yea I got it, SHIELD thinks we’re just gonna let you die. All we’ve done for them”.

(Batman)“Keep your focus put your emotions to the side and finish this the cure is almost done I just need a few more hours”

(Nick Fury) “We have a problem kid, they got the trace of our comms as soon as we got in the city. He has the whole place tapped!!”.

(Spiderman)“Wait so he heard this whole conversation even the one... Hey, Batman, I'm your biggest fan don't hurt me”.

(Nick Fury)“No we changed to another network, now you will be following Black widows coms while you're breaking in here she should be able to guide you in and out in a timely manner”.

(Spiderman)“Copy that”

(Nightwing)“When he gets here lock it down, if he wants to get out he can walk over my dead body”.

(Batman)“Alfred initiate our lockdown sequence”

(Alfred)“It’s done, master Wayne”.

(Batman)“Call Azrael we may need some back-up don’t think they’d send that boy alone without a backup plan”

(Nightwing)“I don’t need any help Wayne I got this”

(Batman)“We need to have a plan B Dick

“BEEP BEEP BEEP”

(Nightwing)“They triggered the alarm they’re here”

(Batman)“Coms off they may be tapped to our location”

(Black widow)“Alright Peter I'm gonna walk you through, I've broken into Wayne towers before so this should be pretty easy to walk you through.”

(Spiderman)“Ok I'm on the roof but there is like these robot things on surveillance”

(Black widow)“You're spiderman don't get noticed go into stealth mode and stalk the shadows”

(Spiderman)“Why didn't they just send you on this mission?”

(Black widow)“I don't do these kinds of missions sorry.”

(Spiderman)“I'm in but I have a bad feeling we aren't the only one who knows where I am.

(Story)BAM an electric blast hits spiderman knocking him out of stealth mode.

Immediately a cage is dropped and his opponent Nightwing drops from the shadows to kick spiderman.

Spider-Man dodges the kick and says to Black Widow “UHHH we have a big problem’

(Black widow)“Yes I see Nightwing, we are gathering data on his weakness now it will show you where to strike in about 30 seconds.

(Spiderman)“These are lethal blows he's not trying to detain me he's trying to…”

(Story) POW a smoke screen followed by a screeching noise blows the coms and shakes spidey's focus and Nightwing delivers 3 blows all the chest of spidey.

(Spiderman)“Ok let's get serious’

(Story) Spiderman quickly web swings and while Nightwing is focused on catching him he sets up a trap or rather a counter strike for his next 3 moves. He recognizes that most of the combat fighting would be in favor of Nightwing so he guesses he'll dodge them perfectly, which he does. He moves in the exact steps spidey wants him to and Nightwing trips on one of his webs and catches himself but too late as spiderman delivers 4 blows to the leg, head, and chest.

Nightwing gathers himself and kicks spiderman back multiple feet. 

Nightwing turns back on the coms and says “I’ve underestimated him he’s stronger than I expected.”

(Batman)“It's okay I already dispatched Azreal he’s been waiting for the call”

*Azreal enters the fight*

(Black widow)“Spid-Spide-Spidey Can You Hear Me”

(Spiderman)“Yes yes I can hear you, It's another dude here and he looks like he means business.”

(Nick Fury)“That is Azrael Batman's apprentice”

(Spiderman)“Are you serious so I have Batman's sidekick and his protege fighting me GREAT”

(Black widow) “Don't worry we have someone on the way.”

(Spiderman) “Really who?”

*Ironman enters the fight*

(Ironman)“I think it's mature of you Batman to do all of this by yourself when you clearly know I'm the smartest man in the world. I wouldn't know but I don't think it hurts to ask for help."

(Story)All the lights are on and Jarvis scans the location to see where we are and how close we are to Batman and the cure.

(Ironman)“It's a decoy kid the cure isn't here”

(Nightwing)“Tony stark you bastard, you here to fight or you want to have a rich man's tea?”

(Ironman)“I'm not sure you want to do this kid”

(Nightwing)“Kid? Do you know what I'll do to you!?

(Batman)“Nightwing this isn't a fight we want you and Azreal make an escape I can't afford to lose you.”

(Nightwing)“I got this let me do this one thing”

(Azrael)“Master has said let us regroup this fight is not in our favor”

(Story) A smokescreen is gone and spidey quickly moves to capture the two escaping but they disappeared into the abyss.

(Ironman)“Still no sign of the cure in this base.”

(Spiderman)“Mr.Stark… Mr.Stark I put a tracker on Nightwing when we were fighting so if he goes near batman and the cure well know.”

(Ironman) “Perfect, well-done kid well done.”

(Blackwidow) “You guys hurry up and get out of there we have no clue what could happen next.”

(Ironman and Spiderman)“Copy that”

I like stories like these because it gives you a differnt look on characters that generally wouldnt be pit against eachother. You also get a chance to see how the crossover between Dc and Marvel would work.