Lily and Harry | Teen Ink

Lily and Harry

May 8, 2018
By ibvega BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
ibvega BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Once there was a rabbit named Lily. She was different than all of the other rabbits. All of the others were white as snow, while Lily was white with black spots. No one wanted to hang out with Lily because she was so different from them. They thought something was wrong with her. One day, she decided to run away, so she did.

While walking down a trail she noticed something moving in the distance. She slowly crept up to it and was surprised to see a duckling looking back at her. He seemed to be upset about something. "What's wrong?" Lily asked with sympathy. "No one wants to be my friend because I'm not the same as them" he replied. "What's your name?" "I'm Harry" said the duck. "Oh, well I am having the same problem as you Harry. Im Lily"

Relieved that they weren't alone, Harry and Lily decided to walk down the trail together. They became great friends, but they were still upset. They wanted their peers to realize that it is okay to be different. Lily and Harry walked back to each of their homes and told everyone how they felt. The other rabbits and ducks were surprised to hear what they had to say, but soon came to love them. Lily and Harry felt proud because of the courage it took to make a change.


The author's comments:

It is okay to be different and others should not disrespect you for it