My Dead Sister | Teen Ink

My Dead Sister

By abby_527 GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
abby_527 GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

" Hey Stephine, what are you doing here, all alone? I thought that you would be home by now."
" I would have, Cece. But I just don't want my parents to see how I am right now."
" Stephine, you have to be strong. I know this is hard on you, but please keep your head up. I don't want to lose you, like you lost your sister. You've become like my sister, and losing you will impact me so much. "
" I just need to be alone, please."
" I'll leave you alone once you promise me that you won't do something that will hurt everybody who loves you."
" I promise."
" Better, take care love. I better see you tomorrow in school."
" Okay, get home safely."
" Thank you."
" Oh, and Cece? "
" Yes?"
" Thank you for everything. I love you. "
" I love you too."
After Cece left, I continued to walk around the park. I just wanted to find a place where I can be alone. It was all crowded, and noise. Finally, I came cross the perfect place to be. On top of a big rock. I sat down and just looked down at all the little kids playing. And it reminded me of my sister. We used to come here every summer. I seriously couldn't believe I had lost my sister. I couldn't deal with it no more. I stood up and got closer to the edge of the rock. 
"I can't no more!"
I heard my name. It seems like Britany. I searched to see if I could see her. 
"Stephanie what are you trying to do? Move away from there! Stephanie!"
I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned " Brittany" I thought.
" What were you trying to do Stephanie? Were you trying to commit suicide?" 
" Brittany is it really you?"
" Yes, Stephanie. Yes, it is me. But why are you trying to kill yourself?"
" Brittany, you died. How am I supposed to continue to live my life without you? Your death, has left a great emptiness in my heart. How am I supposed to live like that?"
" Stephanie but suicide isn't an option. Look yes, I may have died but you have to live. In matter, in fact live what I couldn't live. Be who you want to be. Do everything we said that we were going to do."
" How am I supposed to do everything we had planned if you're not with me? "
" Yes, I might not be there physically but I am there, in your heart. Just like I am right now. I'm just in your head, trying to stop you from committing the worst mistake of your life."
" So, you weren't the one calling me? "
"I was. I was just using Cece's voice. Talking about her, she's on her way up here."
" Why? Why did you stop me?"
"I just don't want you to come with me. You have such a bright future. I want you to learn from my mistakes. Don't ever let a boyfriend treat you so horribly. Because they will end up killing you. Always have them treating you what you are. A princess. My princess."
" Why didn't you see it before? You could have still been alive."
" I was just too blind to see it because I was in love. But right now, you won't understand that, but soon you will. Just please don't ever try to commit suicide ever again. I will always be here to protect you. I will be like your guarding angel. If you need just talk, I'll always be listening to you. I'll send you signs so that you can't know I'm still her with you."
" I just can't believe he killed you in such an aggressive way. What mental person kills their partner, by poisoning them and afterwards burns them, while their still alive?"
" Stephanie, it doesn't matter now. He's in prison now. Paying for what he did. Don't worry, you'll be just fine without me. Just sit down and remember all of the good memories we had here. I'll always be by your side."
" Thank you so much, Brittany. I miss you, I wish that this never happened."
" Steph, I have to go now, just relax. Just remember all the good times, I promise that I'll always be nearby. And don't forget that I love."
" I love you too."
"STEPHANIE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? WHY WERE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF?" 
I started to cry. I couldn’t believe that I was talking to my dead sister. I started to walk away from Cece.
" Stephanie!"
" I'll see you tomorrow, Cece." I replied with my back towards her. And I just walked away. 
How could I ever forget this day. My sister is still alive... But in my heart.