Middle School Mix Up | Teen Ink

Middle School Mix Up

By juliette_183 BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island
juliette_183 BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island

It was a nice brisk October morning. Paisley and Gabi were jumping in puddles from a recent storm on their way to school. Hunter was biking bye them, and paisley was blushing so much. You could see her cheeks from miles away. They were so excited to be at Carmen lock junior high. They got to school, and the bell rang right as the tip of their big toe stepped in the doorway. They sprinted to their locker and ran to advisory. Paisley had Mrs. Vita. Everybody knew that Paisley was Mrs. Vita’s teacher’s pet. Mrs. Vita’s cats name is paisley. Paisley is treated with strawberry donuts every morning from Mrs. Vita. This morning was different. Mrs.Vita didn’t have bags under her eyes, she had luggage. During attendance she said parsley, is parsley here. This has never happened before. Hunter was late of course, but He sent the shivers down my back. He was so cute but so stupid. I’m so smart; I could never be seen with him. It’s hard being smart. Pause….. Before mayhem goes down. I’m just going to warn you this is horrible what you’re about to hear.
                  It was 1st period. We had taken a test on percent’s the day before. To be honest I knew I was going to get a 100. Does that make me sound conceited? Well, she is passing the test back.  As she hands it to me, she even looks surprised. I look at the test and….’’what?  No, this can’t be true” I said. I got a 4 out of a 100. Wait, am I going blind? Did I do something?  Did I flunk? Did I just ruin my reputation? I f the school finds out I’ll be a laughing stock. My dad is going to kill me. Once I got back to reality, I was ready to cry. I could hear Mrs.Vita on the phone. What happened next caught me by surprise. My best friend Gabrielle, but I call her Gabi, walked up to my desk crying.  She said ‘I got a 95! A 95! This is crazy.” I had to comfort her until the bell rang. I went to all my periods before lunch. I always have lunch with Mrs. Vita and Gabi, but she was nowhere to be seen. I had a tuna sandwich and a caprisun for lunch. Mrs.Vita always gets us lomain and chicken fried rice from General Wang’s, but we couldn’t find her, so I had a small lunch.
The day had ended, and Hunter came up to me and said……… Hi! It was kind of a letdown actually. He then said that he had gotten a 100 on a test. I was baffled at first. I thought maybe I had just lost all of my smartness and it was given to him. But that would be crazy, am I right people? The first thing I thought was to sleep on it. Maybe I will actually know what happened tomorrow morning. Well, I’m going to go find Gabi.  I finally find Gabi and she was waiting on the sidewalk. I walked Gabi to her house, and then went home. I did my homework, had steak and mash potatoes for dinner and then went to bed. I had the worst nightmare ever. I got a 0. A 0 is definitely worse than a 4. Thank god I got a 4. I woke up the next morning and got dressed. I explained to Gabi that a 95 is a great grade. Maybe her head wasn’t in it but she did phenomenal anyway. We get to school and I head to advisory, praying that Mrs. Vita is normal. I walk in and there she is with Pink donuts!  I jumped with joy for that one second I forgot about my grade. I Said ‘’ by any chance was my grade wrong?” The words I heard next took me by surprise. She said’ ’YES’’! She said that she had gotten no sleep that night, because her husband wouldn’t stop snoring, and her dog was chasing her cat up and down the stairs. She had mixed up Hunter’s test and my test. I got a 100 and he got a 4. I jumped right out of my skin. I didn’t fail, I had got a 100. Mrs.Vita and I did a little jig. She also apologized for calling me Parsley but I didn’t mind, I kind of liked that nickname. I knew that I was the smartest in the class. Mrs.Vita is the best Math teacher ever. This has been a Middle School Mix-up