Fifteen Puzzle Pieces | Teen Ink

Fifteen Puzzle Pieces

By 6shelp GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
6shelp GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who understand me. I am the only one who understands them. Fifteen puzzle pieces with unique shapes and beautiful colors like mine. Fifteen who fit perfectly together. Fifteen special parts made in time. From the stands, the crowd sees each one of them, but they just look the other way and doesn’t make sense of these things.
Their partnership is strong. They spend their lives connected. They bump heads here and they bump heads there and they interlock their arms and they stand as one and never quit their bond. This is how they win.
Let one forget her reason for being, they’d all stand alone like the new kid in class, each with their heads bowed down to the ground. Together, together, together, they say when I cry. They support.
When I am too sad and too puzzled to keep keeping, when I am one against so many strangers, then it is I look at the pieces. When there is no one left to look to in this world. Fifteen who united despite their differences. Fifteen who bond and do not forget to bond. Fifteen whose only reason is to be and be.