Best Day Ever | Teen Ink

Best Day Ever

February 6, 2015
By LovelyLittleTri BRONZE, Dyersville, Iowa
LovelyLittleTri BRONZE, Dyersville, Iowa
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Once you've been through as much stuff as me, you'll learn to find the beauty in the darkness, the splendor in the madness, and the glory in the insanity...


Sitting on the of the edge of a building, I looked down at the people. The looked like ants, all running around trying to collect food and other valuables for the queen ant. This world is boring, the same thing everyday. Wake up, eat, work, eat, sleep, repeat, wake up, eat, work, eat, sleep, repeat. Everyday the same routine, no one daring to stray. I want to stray. I want to live a life of my own, and today I’m going too.
I placed my hands on the edge I was sitting on, and braced myself. ‘Push, just push’ I thought to myself. Taking in a deep breath I pushed off the building, my eyes squished close. I could feel myself falling, falling further and further down. I wish I could fly, but it would never happen. I smiled as I felt the wind pushing my hair as I fell, but that feeling stopped. I now no longer feel like I’m falling down, instead like I felt myself staying still making no movement at all. Opening my eyes cautiously and gasped.
Wings.
Big, fluffy, white wings were now holding me up. I brought my right hand back and pulled one of the feathers from a wig. I cringed as I felt an overwhelming about of pain in my back. So they’re real...not: wings are very delicate. Wait, if they’re real does that mean I can fly? I leaned forward, my body moving forward in that direction. I moved side to side, my body moving back and forth with my movements. A smiled crawled its way on to my face as I moved towards the side of building. I placed my feet on the building and pushed off, going forward fast. Wobbling a bit, I extended my arms out to my sides. I began to soar through the sky, the wind blowing into my face. I feel as though I’m a superhero in a comic book about to save someone, or bird flying south for winter. I laughed as I looked down at the tiny city below me. How can everyone be living so boredly down there, when they could be enjoying life up here. I continued to fly away from the city, leaving behind my troubles, worries, and my old life.
The sun was still high in the sky as I arrived to a new destination. Looking around I had now realised something. I’m lost. I have no idea where in the world I am. Leaning downwards I began to fly down, low enough to see where I was, but high enough for no one to notice me. I looked around and took in my surroundings. The sky was grey, and there were a lot of buildings. Yet there was one thing that caught my attention, the cars were opposite. It seemed they were driving on left side instead of right. Well, at least I know I’m not in America. Now, if only I could find a mark that tells me where I am… My thoughts began to stray to different places, mostly the weather. It looked as though it may rain, but I’m not sure. I finally noticed a rather large clock tower that told me where I was. It was Big Ben! I’m in London, Britain. How long have I been up here? It only feels like a few hours, but time does fly when you’re having fun. I continued to fly, admiring the beautiful scenery beneath me. Everything is so beautiful! I wish that I could stay, but that can not happen, for I must continue on my journey. I flew forward once more and began to leave this wonderful place. I followed the sun, for it was my only way of direction. Sending one last longing full gaze at the city below me, I left for a new city.
My journey continued on I had visited many wonderful place that I wish to stay at. Paris, France, where I saw the Eiffel tower. Pisa, Italy, where I rest look a small nap on the top of The Leaning Tower of Pisa. Berlin, Germany, where I visited the Berlin wall. Tokyo, Japan, where I flew around the Tokyo tower. I saw many more places, but I was now growing tired and weak as I raced the sun. I must now return back home from my long journey. Home, where my family and friends are. I wish that this magnificent day could last forever, but it can not. I must now return to everyone, and live my old boring life once more. Yet, even if I was return to my usual life, I will always cherish my memories of my best day ever. 


The author's comments:

This was a school assignment I had and I just thought it was kind of good so I desided to post it...