The Crayons | Teen Ink

The Crayons

By angelalerro SILVER, West Babylon, New York
angelalerro SILVER, West Babylon, New York

It’s the year 3097, and so much has changed. You’re probably thinking everything would be more problematic than it was in the past, but that’s not the case. Everything is incredibly advanced and better! Well, except for one thing. A certain population is taking the meaning of the law that allows freedom of speech to the next level. This population is the crayons.  
Maybe I should start from the beginning. Many, many years ago everything real and materialistic obtained magical powers. No one knows how it happened, apparently everyone just woke up one day and everything was magical. I wasn’t born yet when it happened, as I’m only a 17 year old girl and I was born with my powers, but I can imagine it would have been quite confusing. Anyways, my grandmother told me that when everything and everyone got their powers they used them for good. Eventually the crayons were the only ones who used them for evil against each other. It’s believed they have some unresolved tension. While having powers is pretty awesome, I don’t enjoy that it caused all the insanity going on with these crayons. An example of this insanity happened yesterday. When I was going for my walk I saw Purple pushing Blue and shouting mean insults because he’s jealous and thinks Blue’s not a good boyfriend for Yellow! And last week my friend Maggie told me she saw Red laughing at Pink because she thinks her lipstick is a horrible shade for her. If you ask me, I think they just bully each other because all that they know is how to hate one another, because of the unresolved tension. Everyone seems to believe this is no problem because the crayons aren’t revolting against the people, but I believe that is completely absurd! It is a real problem!
One of our laws for thousands of years now has been everyone is treated equally. And as the materialistic objects have obtained their powers I believe the law should be applied to them as well! One day the crayons may get angrier and decide to go further than bullying and anyone could get really hurt! Someone should talk to them and tell them to solve the problems they have with each other like mature crayons! Someone should tell them to forget about their unresolved tension and say the past is in the past and move on! Someone should remind them about everyone else who follows the law and that the crayon population is no exception, everyone is equal! Someone should talk to the people as well and remind them of the laws they created to make everyone equal! Maybe this someone should be me!!!!

I wrote this as a satirical piece for a school assignment. I had to write about the problem, which is bullying, why it was a problem and how to fix the problem. My reason for choosing to write about this was to show that even the silliest things people (or crayons in this case) are bullied over can cause big problems.