Past-Present-Future | Teen Ink

Past-Present-Future

November 26, 2014
By Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other
Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other
17 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. - Maya Angelou


The whistling of the wind woke me again. I can feel the soft pillow beneath my head, but all I see is darkness and red.  These blood stained walls where I lay, isn’t really a place to call home. Each night I wake and it’s always the same…
Sometimes I wish I didn’t wake at all.  Well I guess it’s time to get up and start the miserable cycle again.
***
You slowly rolled over to check the time. 2:30am, You sighed. I watched as you lay there motionless, for a split second I could’ve believed you were dead. As I stood above you, not feeling so tall, your time slowly passed by, although you was still living in the past. If you didn’t wake up soon you wouldn’t get to experience life as me, you wouldn’t of realised it can get better.
***
2:35am, Again. My morning routine starts now. I don’t know why I’m still here. Life will never get better. It’s cold outside. Just like my heart; as frozen as ice. No. This comparison isn’t fair to the ice, my heart is colder. I’m going to get up now, well at least try…
***
I wanted to pick you up; you stumbled down, like a castle being torn brick by brick, by wreck-less solders. I wanted to brush off your knees and look you in your eyes and say ‘we did it’ if only you could see me…
***
I constantly feel like there is someone watching. I guess it’s just my anxiety…
I made a bowl of cereal and tipped it away, at least mom will think I’ve eaten today. I don’t know why I bother, really. My legs are weak, my mind is blank, is this it really? Is this my life? I want to change, I really do, but what’s the point, no one wants me around anyway. Its 7:30 now and I must go to school, I’ll go sit in the library with the books again, at least they don’t judge me.
I’m home now. Well… I’m back in hell. Not exactly home… today was like any other day.
***
I could see it in your eyes, you was letting go. NO! WAIT! It’s not too late! Your life gets good! Just wait and see!
***
Today’s the day. I can feel it in my bones. The day to let go and be free.  I wrote my goodbye message but it’s not like they will read it anyway. It’ll get tossed in the bin, just like me…
***
I tried to yell “WAIT! NO!” but nothing came out, except a useless shudder of silence. What did you do? Why didn’t you get down? I begged you. I said please. I told you it gets better. I promised. Why didn’t you listen to me… we were one! We were alive! We could’ve made it! You killed us both…
***
Good-bye book… thanks for everything. I’ll miss you…
***
I shouted “Wait… No!!” Could you hear me? The room fell silent.
***
Hot sweat poured off her head. Her motionless body jumped back into the present day. Panting and barely breathing she, me, I, woke up from my horrible nightmare.