Letters From Crow. | Teen Ink

Letters From Crow.

October 1, 2014
By Artemis.Roe PLATINUM, Marysville, Michigan
Artemis.Roe PLATINUM, Marysville, Michigan
43 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" ---Eleanor Roosevelt
"A man of words and not deeds is like a garden full of weeds." ~~Anonymous


Maryanne,
Cross my heart I know these beasts are real, , I see them at night, they watch  me, never leaving me to be, they are demons, I am scared, Maryanne, I am scared… They say its just in my mind, but its not, you taught me the ways since I was young, I may be schizophrenic but I know these are real, they try to silence me at night, the nurses, they try to hush me, but its no use, from the shadows they are watching, the demons ever watching, taunting me, frientening me…
Maryanne… These creatures seem to be of shadow, shadowing figures of mass shape, that hissed and growled, screeched and  roared. never ceasing, never ceasing. save me, maryanne. they reach out from their shadows scratching at me , clawing at me, I feel it wants me dead, and I feel it might get its way soon enough….
~CROW~ ????

 

*******************

 

Maryanne,
These days seem to consist of me living in fear, its been some  time since my last letter , and somehow I'm still here, the demon shadows mock me, Maryanne, save me, please, I want away from them. In the night there are no longer just shadows, they moan and walk and try to attack, and yet you have yet to come and save me.  I wake up in the night , terrified and in pain, I swear, when I wake in darkness, they are there surrounding me, I think they’re drinking my life essence or energy…
why  havent you come?
~CROW~

 

*************************

 

Maryanne,
Many others scream at night now, not just me, I know it is because of the monsters. They scream for help, they cry in anguish, for the monsters are attacking them as they do me… They’ve tried me on medication after medication, but it doesn’t work, and I know now more than ever, they really are real….
come before I fall….
~CROW~

 

****************

 

Maryanne,
Oh Maryanne! The  worst thing has happened! They found Mariah dead, and Maggie beaten! I keep telling them, the creatures are getting stronger! They’re feeding on our life energy, and its making them strong! oh i fear the worst for us all! I fear for my life!
Maryanne! Please! Come save me!
~CROW~

 

*********************

 

Maryanne,
Oh, though we are going through hard times, something magical has happened! Millicent has had a child! We do not know how this is possible, but its still a magical time of celebration! Even the creatures have seemed to get the message and have subsided, I know its only temporary, but it is bliss, Maryanne, it is bliss.
Still, though, where are you?
~CROW~

 

******************

 

Maryanne,
We all are tremendously happy with the child around, she is a beautiful baby girl, it has only been a few weeks but this whole place seems to have been brightened so much! The creatures have been leaving us alone, but, sadly, the baby has been quite fretful at night, I fear for her life more than my own, I fear they shall kill her, as they did to Mariah… Kyla has performed a traditional blessing as they do in her culture, for this I am glad we are lucky to have Kyla with us, she seems to be one of the few who haven’t been tortured by the creature…
I fear for the baby, I fear for all of us here, but there is nothing we can do…
~CROW~

 

*******************

 

Maryanne,
The baby has fallen ill, Nurse Illiana, bless her heart, is doing everything she can to keep the child healthy… Though I'm worried that this is caused by the demons, and that there may be nothing we can do…
I am worried, through all of these letters you have never responded, have they gotten  you..? Like they did Mariah? I know you are not here, but is it possible they are elsewhere too? I shall keep writing to you no matter what… But I beg of you please respond…
I'm still here…
~CROW~


********************


Maryanne,
The demons are no longer letting us be, they are back…  We are all fearful for ourselves and the child… The child is 6 months old now, and screams mercilessly in the night, she almost never stops fussing, we are all fearful, not for ourselves but for the baby, I never told you her name, have I, Maryanne? I believe I have not, let me tell you, her name is Bella Mariah Jivsa.
She is a beautiful little girl, but even so, the demons are merciless, and this is no place for a child…
Maryanne? I dream of you... And mother… I miss you all so much… Its been about a year, has it not? I wonder when, if ever I will see you again… i have so many questions for you. Have you had any children? Gotten Married? Gotten your own new home? Maybe that is why you aren’t responding, because you haven't gotten these letters? is that it?
I remain,
~CROW~


***********************

Maryanne,
I have not been well, I am weak now, I can barely write this to you, the child is a year old now, Bella… such a beautiful child… I’m going to miss it here honestly… I write this as my final goodbye, I hope somehow, if my letters haven't gotten to you, they will, or at least this one.
I had hoped to leave this place before this, But Maryanne… I fear this is my last letter. I hope somewhere beyond this life, we shall meet again, I miss you, forever…
Goodbye, Maryanne.
XOXO,
~CROW~
 


The author's comments:

I  started this one last school year, but I just finished it, and thought I'd post it its different, but just trust me, read it through, its kind of Interesting...