The Fisis | Teen Ink

The Fisis

September 16, 2013
By NyghtOnyxx GOLD, Goldsboro, North Carolina
NyghtOnyxx GOLD, Goldsboro, North Carolina
14 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
~ Marilyn Monroe


Once upon a time there was a fisi (hyena) that was looked down upon and laughed at. For he was not like the other animals, he was ugly of course but he had the voice of an angel. ‘An outcast’ as he’d heard the others say. Fisi decided he’d show them, that he’d show them all. So one night while the moon was shining bright above her sleeping children Fisi decided to go and take all his neighbors and friends little ones and enslave them and make them do as he pleased.
“Tsk tsk tsk”, said Momma Moon “Fisi why must you commit a horrible crime such as this?”
“Why? You ask, because I want and need someone to love me. The Zulus (lions) all have a pack that follows and do as they are commanded, so why can’t I?”
“You too My Kleintjie can have a pack, but with a pack also comes great responsibility.”
“I don’t care! I am going to prove that I am bigger and better than the Zulus and no one or nothing is going to stop me!” cried Fisi.
Fisi went on animal knapping animals and continuing with his devious plan. The king of all Zulus heard of Fisi’s doing and sent his most trusted warrior to confront Fisi. For the king knew of how devious and wiley Fisi could be. “Go jasiri moja and confront Fisi of his wrongdoings.” So the warrior did as he was told. “Fisi! I have word from the nguvu moja to stop what you are doing, or you shall be punished!” “To stop what I’m doing? Well where was the nguvu moja when I was starving and alone? Huh?” Fisi cakcles. “Well tell your nguvu moja that he can’t stop me even if he wanted to!” The nguvu moja heard this and commanded his warrior to attack Fisi. Fisi of course wanted this to happen and already had a plan in motion. The warrior did not make it out alive, and at this Fisi cackled. Infuriated the King of Zulus stroke down on Fisi with lightning fast motion, leaving a stunned and bewildered hyena blinking. “YOU, FISI HAVE DISHONORED YOUR COUNTRY AND THE ONES AROUND YOU! SO THEREFORE YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED!!!!” THe King of Zulus then ripped Fisi’s throat leaving it only slightly damaged. Fisi cackled, but this time it came out all wrong. Sometimes it was high-pitched, other times it was scratchy and just not angelic. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU HEARTLESS BEAST?!?!?! MY NZURI SAUTI IS RUINED!!!!!”
“Yes”, said the King of Zulus “it is only part of your punishment.” “Part? What do you mean part?”
“Exactly what I have said devious moja. That is only part. The rest is a kulaani set upon your descendants as time passes on. None of you shall be gifted with angelic voices again.”
“You can’t do this to me!”
“I can and I did.” The King of Zulus turned to leave, but Fisi was not going to give up so easily. Fisi jumped on King Zulus back and tried to rip his head apart.
“You devious moja have not learned anything!!!” King Zulus swung Fisi against the hard blazing red ground, and twisted his head into a 360 degree. Fisi lay there still and breathless, eyes unblinking and devious. “I who rules over all of the African land have no mercy for those who do not obey the laws that are laid before them.”


The author's comments:
I like it. I had to write it my sophmore year