Do You Know the Feeling? | Teen Ink

Do You Know the Feeling?

By Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia
Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia

"When life gives you lemons chuck them back at life and demand apples."

The color that describes me is dark. It rocks back and forth.It can't move forwards or backwards, it's stuck. It came with the winter and never left. Coincidental? Most likely, because this is the time of year when everything leaves, and if they choose not to, they grow bare and die. Like me.

My color often leads me down a deserted path in the woods. The tress close up the entrance now well behind. Trapping me. And the more I move forward the more the darkness kills the light. The goodness.

Our destination is always the same. A deserted, lifeless, hallow hole in the middle of the woods. All the lives... Once lived there, is a black tree stump that crumbles with each step I take. Soon... It'll be gone forever.

My color tries to hide itself away during the day, only venturing out when necessary. It comes out every night to release its true purpose of existence. All my color has ever wished for is to have a new feeling. The feeling known as happiness, as love. But when it tries to find its hopeless dream... Everything hides, and once again I'm lost in darkness.

My color's sound is all but happy, joyful, laughter filled. Instead, it produces sounds that scares all away. My color's sad. It's not comforting. My color's the opposite of a smile, yet, worse than a frown.

I fear if you were able to open it, you would find a black whole filled with nothing but emptiness and longing.

My color sings the song of heart break, of loneliness. Something I find way to familiar. My color is friendless. None of the other ones wish to be around mine for they're afraid... I'm contagious.

Worst of all... My color has changed me. Causing me to lose everything I once had.

The color is whatever fits your imagination.