Fallen Angel | Teen Ink

Fallen Angel

May 5, 2012
By Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
23 articles 27 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." -T.S. Eliot


With tears of night stroking her placid cheeks she whispers goodbye to the only thing she ever loved. He is no longer there to help her fight the day or to be her steady ground. He swore he would never go but he bothered to save her, to keep her from her best friend that he now dances with.
The rays of golden sun hold no warmth against her cold flesh as the places a rose cloaked in tears of scarlet on a vacant headstone whispering condolences that no one shall hear. He took all the love from her shattered heart making omens of false trust and safety that she was foolish enough to believe. She let him in, allowing him to help her heal, but in the end that is what helped her break. Forever d*mned she shall never see her love again. Living only in the night she thrives on the pain of others, watching as people go on never really seeing, feeling or listening.
She longs to shine a light on their stupidity but she cannot find her voice. She pleads with the angels above, the ones who betrayed her, sentencing her to a life on the barren planet of Venus. She dreams of the day when she can go home knowing that day will never come. She still smiles as if everything is alright; she hides her broken wings of fire with the ice of her heart. The music that once filled her head are now blood curdling screams that never give her a moment of peace. Every hour on the hour she pays for her lethal crimes of selfishness and injustice. She watches again and again the fall of her generous lover that is long gone covered in 6 feet of clay and rubble. Her milky white hands are forever stained in the blood that once gave him life.
There is no one to save her now as she dies eternally never allowed to sink completely into the hands of the everlasting sleep that may unite her with her lovely knight in tin foil.