Age of the Zombies | Teen Ink

Age of the Zombies

By Nate.mascari BRONZE, East Syracuse, New York
Nate.mascari BRONZE, East Syracuse, New York

Once upon a time there was this scientist off the coast of Mexico who created synthetic life. He was trying to prove his mastery of science when by accident he created zombies. All it took to drastically change the world was one zombie. From that time on the world has plunged into chaos. Nearly half the world was taken over and now there are the zombie wars.

I, Tom am just a normal twelve year old kid in the twenty-fifth century, the age of the zombies. Because I lived on the border of human kind, every night I have to lock my doors and turn on the electric fence so the zombies won’t kill me. My parents had died from a recent zombie attack so I am on my own except for my sister Emma .

One day I came home a little late, after dark. From nine to ten every night my friends, Katie and Jibs would come over. Katie was the love of my life. She had brown hair cut to her waist. Her eyes, oh her eyes, they were bright green with a hint of brownish orange. Jibs was short and a little chubby. He always smiled even when he is scared out of his mind. My friends came later than usual but this didn’t bother me , they were always late. Once I finished greeting them we all go upstairs. After a few minutes of talking Katie hears a noise from the attic. ”What’s that?” Katie asks.

“Its probably just the wind, don’t be such a wuss,” Jibs replies as he sits down on a rocking chair.

A few minutes later we all hear another noise. “The next time I here that I’m going up there. How about you?” I ask starting to pale.

“Sure,” both Jibs and Katie say. We wait only seconds before we here it again.

“ Lets go,” I say.

As the reach the top of the stairs the lights turn out. “Must be a pretty bad storm out there,” says Katie.

“Yep,” agreed Jibs, “Are you scared Katie?”

“No, what are you talking about. Why would I possibly be scared?” she said as she moved away closer to me.

We hear the noise again but this time its coming from the next room. The noise starts moving closer and closer until we hear the door open. Right in the hallway there is a zombie! Its flesh was rotting away with only bloody stumps for arms and bone jutting out of the cheek. The zombie is grotesque.

“RUN,” Katie screams as the zombie stumbles towards us.

“Ha, did I fool you guys?” the zombie asks
Everyone had a puzzled look on their face. The Zombie reaches up to its face and pulls it’s head clean off! This time Jibs screams. In place of its head is Emma’s face shaking with laughter.

“Ha I actually fooled you guys” Emma asks still chuckling.

“NO,” I reply to quickly.

“Did you see the look on your guys face?” Emma said” You were defiantly scared.”

“Fine.”

“Hey Emma, did you shut off the electric fence?”
At that moment they all hear a noise coming up from downstairs.

there will be a sequel to this very shortly

on Nov. 15 2010 at 5:26 pm
sure, whats it called?

aylinnnz GOLD said...
on Nov. 8 2010 at 7:16 pm
aylinnnz GOLD, Bronx, New York

"Maybe no one's really crazy. Everyone is just a little bit mad. How much depends on where you fall in the spectrum. How much depends on how lucky you are." - Joshua Walters

Realli interestinq!...but.,there were sum tiny mistakes.,but guud story overall! :)

Can yu read mine??? THNX :D