Ted and Antwalp | Teen Ink

Ted and Antwalp

July 21, 2010
By shyguymaniac22 BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
shyguymaniac22 BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Ted was sad. Ted was always sad. If the sun was out, he was sad that the rain wasn’t feeding the flowers. If it was raining, he was sad that the children couldn’t go out to play. If his left shoe was missing, he was sad that he couldn’t find it. If he knew where it was at, he was sad that he couldn’t go on an adventure to find it. What a very sad life Ted lived.

Antwalp was happy. He was always happy. If the sun was out, he was happy that the children could go out to play. If it was raining, he was happy that the rain was feeding the flowers. If his left shoe was missing, he was happy that he could go on an adventure to find it. If he knew where it was he was happy he could find it. What a very happy life Antwalp lived.

One day Antwalp met Ted. “I am happy that the sun is out!” said Antwalp.

“I am sad there isn’t rain!” said Ted.

“Who cares?” said Antwalp.

“I do,” said Ted.

“But no one else is you!” said Antwalp.

“I am sad that no one else gets to see life my way,” said Ted.

“I am happy that no one else is as depressing and useless as you,” said Antwalp.

Then Antwalp skipped off down the road. Ted just sat down and cried.
And the morale of the story is, “Sometimes it’s okay to not spread the joy.”


The author's comments:
This is something I wrote as a homage/parody of the children's stories I loved growing up.