The Code of Peace | Teen Ink

The Code of Peace

By bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.

The code. Everyone wants to know what the code is. The code to what? To happiness, but most of all: to heaven.

People think they know this code, but most don’t. They think that if you just live a good life, you’ll be a shoe-in to heaven. For some people, they think that if you’re a good person, do what’s right, and what you’re told, you’ll have a wonderful afterlife; but that isn’t always the case.

Heaven. What do you think of when you hear the word, heaven? I think of beautiful, healthy, happy people standing on brightly lit clouds, singing their joy and loyalty to God. Do you think God will let you enjoy this if you were just a “good” person down on Earth? God expects more of you than just that.

The code. People want to know what it is; they’re hungry to know what it is. They want to spend the rest of their life after death in happiness, and gladness, and joy, and with the ones they love the most. They want to live in peace.

Peace. Just thinking about it gives me goose bumps. I want it so much! Many people want it, and right now, in this world, it doesn’t seem like it will be coming anytime soon.

If only there was such thing as peace while we still lived on Earth. But in order for that to happen, everyone would have to love and get along with one another. All the wars would have to end, and instead of treating others like enemies, treat them like your brother or sister. Treat them with love and care. For some people, this seems almost impossible, which is sad. It should be easy.

The code. The code is peace. Be in peace, be friendly and generous, and enjoy it, love it. You have to love being good to others in order to make it to heaven.

People say they live by this code, but really, some of them don’t. Of course it’s hard to live by the code. Everyone finds it hard at a time in their life. It’s not always easy. Sometimes you have those days when you don’t want to be generous, you just want to be greedy and have it all. I know, I get like that sometimes. But you have to keep in mind the bigger picture; if you live by the Code of Peace, and give as much as you can while you live down here on Earth, you’ll be rewarded when your time comes.

I know that when I get to heaven, it will be wonderful! When we get to heaven, we’ll know exactly why we lived by this code. That’s why so many people try. That’s why I try. That’s why all of us should try.

The Code of Peace; it’s going to be worth something when we reach the other, more beautiful side.

Let’s try The Code of Peace, and see what happens. You’d be surprised!

I thought this idea would make a pretty story, so here it is!