The Man and the Wall | Teen Ink

The Man and the Wall

By JohnBosworth GOLD, Midland, Texas
JohnBosworth GOLD, Midland, Texas

"I am Jack's smirking revenge"

Time passed, and years slowly slipped away, but the man did not move. He stood, staring at the wall, as if wondering how to defeat it. Nobody saw this man, for he stood in the shadows, cloaked under the darkness. He was clothed in an unrecognizable, tattered cloth that swayed with the wind, and flowed with the air. He did not blink. He did not sigh. He did not cough. He only breathed, staring at the thin spider web cracks and miniscule imperfections that flowed along the expanse of brick and metal. Cars flashed by, people briskly walked along the street, and rubbish flew lazily past, but the man did not move. Nobody had ever payed the slightest attention to the man staring at the wall. Not a person or an animal had given him the slightest recognition. And years passed. Through the years, the man gained intelligence. He grasped the curious concept of the human language. He began to know of the worldly affairs, the wars, the elections, and the never ending need for power. And years passed. Things slowly changed. The people grew scarcer, and now as they walked past they looked terrified. But they did not pay the slightest recognition to this man. There were fewer sounds. The wind died down. Years passed. The wall grew weathered, and it grew more beaten down with time. No people passed. Silence, except the howling of the wind and the pitter patter of rain falling on the sidewalk, grew more and more. The man continued staring at the wall, and did not move. Years passed. Still, silence was the only dimension in the world. The wall grew more and more weathered the more the years passed. Eventually, it crumbled under the rain and the wind. But the man continued staring, instead at the wall that had replaced the crumbled wall. Years passed, and the man continued staring. Silence.

I tried to write a story without a topic. Something that could not be identified as a certain piece of fiction. Something fresh. An idea that has never been used before. Hope ya' like it.

on Apr. 2 2010 at 11:18 am
JohnBosworth GOLD, Midland, Texas

"I am Jack's smirking revenge"

Interesting. Yes, I would like to meet J.K. Rowling, and yes, I do realize this is most likely someone who knows the extent of my Harry Potter obsession. I'm not that naive. But, if it is the small chance that your serious, then yes.

Dear john. This is by god! bloody intelligent work! i would like to know if your interested in meeting J.K rowling. If intrested contact me

What a great way to express the world as it really is. U r amazing! Amazing at everything! Ur imagination is incredible along with ur talent and writing style.

JohnBosworth GOLD, Midland, Texas

"I am Jack's smirking revenge"

Thanks. I just started on this site, so I have some articles that are still pending approval that I think are even better than the two I have now. One is about a creature who lives in a clock and eats innocent bystanders, and one is about a boy who finds out his family can pull off their faces...

fantasyfreak294 BRONZE, Somewhere Cool, Texas

it's not what you say you do that matters, it's what you show you do.

wow! "Somethin fresh" is right! I've never come across something like this before, so I may not be able to aptly judge it, but frankly, I thought this was downright amazing. I don't know what you intended it to be, but to me, it came across as a portrayal of the world in a way we could never understand. We always see world events from the middle of them, gaining opinions and biases. But your piece of writing shows what our world really is: not tangible things or events, but change itself. Keep writing; you have a talent! Oh btw, nice comment about the twilight review lol :)