The First Caveman | Teen Ink

The First Caveman

By SnickertheCat BRONZE, Pasadena, Maryland
SnickertheCat BRONZE, Pasadena, Maryland

"Never fight with an inanimate object."- Forgot.

Well, here I am again. Lying on this flat structure made out of sticks and twigs in some cave. I just woke up; the sky looks a little dark indicating to me that it must be quite early in the morning. There are other cavemen around me but they are sleeping. Well, I guess I better get to work sculpting this object I’m creating that will be used to transport water and carry other things in.
-Several hours go by-

After much scraping around the edge of what was once just a pile of thick rock, I have fashioned a circular object with some depth to it. I am very proud of this work of mine. It will be very useful in my life.

I guess it’s time to step outside my cave now, see what’s to do.The sky is now bright and there is a big circle in the sky that hurts my eyes when I stare at it, indicating that it’s most likely mid day. I have yet to eat and my stomach grows hungry. I search around for a source of nourishment and finally come across some strange plant like things with round tops. I decide to eat them as they look editable.
- A Few minutes pass-

Whoa, I feel so dizzy and everything around me seems to be all distorted and wavy. I think eating that object was a bad idea. I will note not to try those or anything similar to it. I’m still hungry, but I suppose that will have to wait, right now I need to get water.

I go down to a nearby water source where I see these little creatures also drinking water. I take the fashioned object I made and gather water in it and take it back to my cave for later use.

The sky is now getting dimmer and the bright object has gone down and some other object rose in its place, indicating that it must be much later in the day. It’s harder to see now, but now I’m starving so I MUST get food now. I trek through the jungle and see a wild creature. I decide that the best way to catch it is to set up a trap. I used leaves and some strong twine to create a sling trap, which when the creature gets on the leaves, the trap will activate and the twine will string it up in the air. I slowly wait for it to die.

The creature has now died and I’m skinning all the fur off of it, and then precede to cut out all the vitals, and get the good parts. I know which parts are good, as another caveman ate this creature before and didn’t die. I finish cutting it all up and eat it. It’s so good.

It’s now barely visible outside now, and I grow tired. I go back to my cave to get some water and then lie back down on my little object and slowly drift off to sleep. Today was in interesting day. What will tomorrow hold?

I wrote this about two months ago as part of this thing my English teacher does at the last Friday of every month called "Poet's Cafe."

kuzkuz said...
on Jan. 4 2010 at 10:14 pm
it was nice to read, very well written.
thanks
-kuz
http ://pixiesquares.blogspot .com