The Song | Teen Ink

The Song

July 15, 2009
By bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
12 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.


Oh man, I love this song! I thought as I walked around the house, humming to the tune. I love this song!

After a while of running it over and over and over in my head, I decided to go up to my room.

When I reached my room, I broke out into song, and started dancing around the room. I sang it over and over and over again.


After my voice started hurting, I decided to go for a walk, thinking maybe the song would pop out of my head. Well, I was wrong.

When I got home from my walk, I thought that maybe what I needed was something to keep my mind busy, get my mind off the song. I know, I’ll turn on the T.V.!

So that’s what I did. Finally, I didn’t think about the song anymore. But when it came to commercial, I heard it! I heard the song that was once stuck in my head. I ran from the room, holding my hands up to my ears. But it was already too late. The song was back inside my head, and I started to hear it play once again. No!

There had to be something that would get my mind off this stupid song! But I didn’t know what!

I thought and thought, but all I thought about was the song! I tried hitting my head, tilting it this way and that, trying to have the song just simply slip out of my ear. But that didn’t work.

I decided that maybe I should write about how my day went in my journal. Before I knew it, I was writing the lyrics to the song down! I slammed my journal shut. Was there any way of escaping this song?

I snapped my fingers. I got it!

I ran up to my room, plugged my headphones into my radio, and turned the radio on. Right away, I heard a new song come blaring into my ears. Finally, a song that wasn’t the song stuck in my head!

When the song was over, I turned off the radio and headed back downstairs. I started humming the new song. Then I started singing it in my head. Before I knew it, I couldn’t get the song out of my head. Oh no, here we go again!

The author's comments:
I hate when this happens, and unfortunately, it happens A LOT!