A Dream | Teen Ink

A Dream

By itzcomplicated5 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
itzcomplicated5 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein

Last Night I Dreamt,

I dreamt of the dark chartreuse color of the beach poms while standing on the sandy shoreline in Hawaii. As Martin Luther King Jr’s dream came true, so did mine. Suddenly, a Piercing scream cuts the air as someone is alerted to the water. A tremendous great white larger than a school bus darts through the water. 

Just as quick as it came, it was gone, like tree leaves in a brisk thunderstorm. What other things could be in the ocean as we only gaze at the surface? Maybe a Loch Ness monster of sorts? My mind wanders as I listen to All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix.

“...Princess Kept her Views…”, I gawk at the thought of the people on the beach watching from their watchtower the sudden displacement of water caused by the shark. It feels as if a shark encounter is one in Google until I am the one encountering it.

I was inspired heavily by the piece "Black Nikes" by Harryette Mullen. Me and several other classmates tried to use some of the concepts and artistry that Harryette used to achieve a profound creation of imagery.