The enigma of the night sky | Teen Ink

The enigma of the night sky

By vinamishah SILVER, Mumbai, Other
vinamishah SILVER, Mumbai, Other

The sun set in a sea of liquid gold streaked with a chorus of silvers and greys. Flares of crimson soon shot across the sky, burning holes in the atmosphere, and letting the stars breathe.

The stars- pure poetry amidst the black tranquillity of the sky- shimmered unceasingly. In the serenade of the dark, they were a choir. A tune for the eyes; unfathomable for the ears. Perhaps, the stars which beamed down on the lake were a promise in the absence of the sun, bringing the hope of dawn.

The lake- meeting the velvet sky with immense grace- was enchanted by its eternal dance with the stars. The ripples ruffled the stillness of the glass- like surface as the gale brushed against it. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the luminescence from the pale white moon.

The moon- an argent silver orb- beamed across the sea like a line of glittering fire; the chords of moonlight, stretched along the lake like flaming stilts, were ruffled by the crisp night air.

Truly, the enigmatic beauty of the night sky is such that one could spend an eternity exploring it and still never grasp a fraction of it.