darkness? music? hope?(trigger warning? im really not sure. maybe the best tile is ?) | Teen Ink

darkness? music? hope?(trigger warning? im really not sure. maybe the best tile is ?)

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

a single violin sounded, haunting, in the silent black. eerily high, whistling out its melody. the blackness chokes in on you, and with it your fear rises. the violins volume rises. the darkness clogs you, taking up physical space and demanding yours, pressuring your body from all sides. the violin picks up its rate, an urgent cry expressing what you cant. a random, urgent, despre\ate hope rises within you and dies away.

a second instrument sounds, but not something you can place. music, pure and clean and sweet and good. you hear light in it, tho you cant see a thing. the darkness retreats from you, fleeing back until it is no longer a thick, crushing substance. but suddenly, the new instrument lets out a strangled cry of death, and is replaced by the same instrument, contorted and strangled, angry. hopeless.

no! you try to cry out, anger filling the cavity in your soul, and an angry scream joins it. the darkness rushes in in a whoosh, angry, aggressive, attacking. your fear rises. the angry sound softens, but the despairing instrument and the violin rise to take its place. 

waves of emotion course thru you, taking hold one by one. a disjointed, evil symphony sounds thruout the darkness within a few moments, the few moments you have until the darkness clogs into your throat, silences your heart.

you brace as the darkness rises in your nostrils, pushes to take your lungs. and then an instrument sounds above the rest. love. pure love carried on every note. the others hush, the darkness flees from you, retreats to hide in the shadows, a light and warmth spreads around, and the light takes hold of you, enters you, pours into every cavity of you.

you don't resist. pure love floods you, with emotions and thoughts and memory and people and everything you forgot with the choking blackness closing in. all of the light floods into your small frame, filling you, until you are the light, and the darkness hides. every inch of you glows, until you cant hold it all anymore, and it explodes from you, filling the darkest corners, forcing the shadows out from even their deepest hiding places. 

that was weird...

eh, a least it was something good for writing on sunday(for once)