Paranatural: The Preview, part 1 | Teen Ink

Paranatural: The Preview, part 1

February 1, 2019
By Fandomer BRONZE, Columbus, Mississippi
Fandomer BRONZE, Columbus, Mississippi
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
They may not be real, but they're real to me.


Thunder cracked outside the nursery. Joan Basie sat on the floor, rocking her newborn son while her one-year-old daughter sat in her lap.

Marrin, Joan's husband, father of her children, came into the nursery to complain about the noise. He had been trying to sleep, and no matter how much he loved his children, he wanted them to shut up. But before he could even open his mouth, something horrendous happened.

First, Marrin began to smile. Then, all his joints suddenly bent the wrong direction with a loud snapping sound. His head turned upside-down on his neck, his mouth stretching to the size of his head.

Joan screamed as her husband fell into a backbend, still facing her, as he slowly advanced her and their young children. Before they could ecscape, Marrin swallowed them whole.


The author's comments:

Part 1 to the preview* of the book series I'm working on: Paranatural. I'm currently working on book one.

*Preview written as short stories in multiple parts. Each short story tells of a different character(s)'s past.