The One | Teen Ink

The One

The One

Dear You,

You’ll never actually receive this, thankfully, but I just wanted to write a letter to you about all the things I’d never say cause I’m too afraid of what you’ll think. I’ve laid my thoughts out for you to see hoping that this won’t come back to haunt me. There’s so much to love about you that you may not even be able to see. Everything written here is true, I really do see these things in you. You may never like me back but, I’ll pride myself in knowing that I didn’t keep it all hidden deep inside away from the light.

I love the way you smile with every single last one of your perfect white teeth. I can’t get over the way you run your hand through your hair when you are thinking or listening. Every last strand of hair on your head is always perfectly in place without you even trying. When you dip your head to the right and you smile looks so perfect. The feeling I get when you look at me out of the corner of your eye and grin is the best. You’re way taller than me, which I love by the way. You have to look down when you speak to me or to others. The way you hold yourself like nothing can touch you or hurt you it’s all an act. I know you break down like anyone else. I can’t get over how strong you are and pretend to be.

I feel like your eyes see right through my mask. As though you can see every fake smile, every forced laugh. Your bright blue eyes that look gray when you’re agitated, the way you snatch my breath away with every breath you take. Nothing can hold you back because you’ll power straight through, learning from your mistakes along the way but never faltering. You look perfect effortlessly, from the the top of your head to the laces of your shoes. You’re incredibly smart and I can’t deny that listening to you talk about the boringest thing would be entertaining to me. Your grades are in order, honor roll every quarter. I doubt you’ve ever been late for a single thing in your life. You’re athletic which is great but, you can sing too. You’re strong and brave even if you don’t believe me it’s true. You’re nice and never take a single thing for granted. Your laugh is flawless, deep and low, matching your voice perfectly. You might make mistakes but you are perfect all the same.

Yours truly,

Me

I like him, I like him a lot but it'll never happen cause I'm not the kinda girl who will wear 5 tons of makeup or whatever.