A trip to the moon | Teen Ink

A trip to the moon

January 26, 2017
By ebrchr BRONZE, Islamabad, Other
ebrchr BRONZE, Islamabad, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I was feeling very uncomfortable in the closed space ship. however, I was very pleased. I was travelling to the moon and fulfilling my dream of old. It was January the 19th 2025 and travelling to space was common but very expensive. I remember 8 years back when I was in grade 7 we students only thought about space travel. this flashback was interrupted because of the rapid increase of the pressure in my ears. The vehicle picked up speed very rapidly. Unexpectedly, there was a jerk as a part of the spaceship became detached. I was wearing a heavyweight spacesuit. For the first time, I had worn something that heavy. I saw copious buttons and there was a red coloured one in the middle. The wanted to touch it but as I saw in movies that the red button is always very dangerous. I saw many wires colours red and blue which were crisscrossing. While I think of this I kept smiling. I sneered again as I see many twinkling stars from the circular window. I just started to fall asleep but the spaceship got a sudden jerk and the speed came to a halt. I wore my helmet and went outside out. I saw many vast craters. After collecting some data and taking some pictures. We again sat in the vehicle and come back to our planet and I couldn’t forget that journey.


The author's comments:

the improving technology inspired me to write this.