The War | Teen Ink

The War

By iatwinss SILVER, Wheatland, Iowa
iatwinss SILVER, Wheatland, Iowa

I have started a war. My country does not want to start, or rather join, the war, but as my people's best and bravest warrior, I have joined the war. My sister is a warrior of the enemy. I have readied my weapons and war machines. My armor and my shield protect my head and heart as I run into the battle, headlong and unwavering. My generals, Witts and Marts, are by my sides helping me to fight the unrelenting enemy. Neither side has a large advantage. We are evenly matched. We rush the enemy. After a few moments, we are rushed. At the end of the day, both sides call it quits. No one is injured. My fighters return to camp and sleep. My generals and I stay up and review war plans. We are tired and bruised, but we still have fighting spirit. A messenger brings me another message from my native country. "Leave the Battle." I ignore it because once you start the war, you must end it. I rest and start again the next day. I fight because I love the fight and the thrill of battle. It takes all I have to match their soldiers. It is a glorious rush to use all your wits and smarts in battle. It is the challenge I have always longed for.
Now, I have started a war and I intend to end it.
With me as victor.

on Jan. 12 2012 at 7:24 pm
iatwinss SILVER, Wheatland, Iowa
Thank you.

on Jan. 12 2012 at 4:26 pm
SoSammieWhatsUP BRONZE, East Stroundburg, Pennsylvania

"If you born poor it is not your fault, but if you die poor it is your fault." Bill Gates

this quote is not how it appears, it is about coming from nothing and making something of yourself.

awesome, this would make a very good story.