the bright side of death | Teen Ink

the bright side of death

By skatergirl13 PLATINUM, Woodbridge, Virginia
skatergirl13 PLATINUM, Woodbridge, Virginia

" your heart is the most valuable thing I have I don't want to lose it"

I'm a 14 year old girl living on the street I got kick out my house a year ago.People think I'm a troubled kid that doesn't know what to do,but I've been holding my self up.I usually sleep at the park in the slide.I get my food from the mall when they offer hand outs, but i don't get that all the time.

I miss my family and I wish I could have them back.I know if I go back nothing will change.When I'm their I get pushed around.My mom and dad constantly fight. My dad got so drunk one day and got in a fight with my mom:he almost kill her. I didn't know what to do at the time I was to little to understand.

A lot of people think they have it hard,but if they were in my shoes what they have would be easy.I never go to a homeless shelter because I feel I can hold my self up.I have been for a year.People go around telling my story when they don't know it.

I'm not a trouble kid I just have a troubled family.I will go back and safe my mom from my step dad.
I had a close relationship with my mom,but I couldn't help her when she needed it.I was so young that I didn't even know what was happen I just thought I was a harmless fight then,when it was so much more.

My mom wonders if I'm still alive,but she has hope that I still am;and she know that I'm out there;she just waiting for me to come back.I made that promise not to her but to myself.Saying I will go back and safe her from that horrible drunk that I once called father.

My real father gone, he died a year ago;something I'm still not over.I wish he was here to help me.
I know that he watching me waiting for me to fix things.My dad believe in me,knew that I was going to take my life far;but I feel like I let him down because look where I am now.Living on the streets.

My mom tried to look for me but the drunk wouldn't let her.He never cared about me,never and I trusted him.I'm a loner now and I don't know where to go with thing's but every one thinks I'm a joke.I've talked to the police but they can't do anything until they have proof.

I meeting with my mom tomorrow at her work so that the the drunk Paul won't find out about it. my mom will be happy to know that I'm okay.I just hope that she's okay.I don't want her to be hurt anymore.

I've been looking for some where new to sleep because a lot of boys started wondering the park lately.I might have to sleep at the homeless shelter tonight.I will leave tomorrow to see her.

The next morning I woke up and I'm at the homeless shelter.They had a small little t.v in this small crowded room.The news was on and the t.v turned up high so everybody could here.I could here some people talking about me in the back because its not usual for me to be at the homeless shelter.

So I was watching the news and they were right in front of my house.I knew for a fact something happen.My step dad better have not touch mom because their no way he getting away with it.

Once I found out that it was my house I started running down the block.I'm running and running praying that nothing happen to my mom;because that's the only family I have left to care about if she gone I won't have anywhere to go.
I run and run and I finally got to the house.

I ran past the police straight for the ambulance making sure my mom was okay.The police was yelling at me for passing through.
"hey,hey, come back you can't go through here!". he said.All of the sudden I see my mom laying on the bed Dead.
"NO!" I screamed off the top of my lugs.The police officer trying to pull me away.
"clam down clam down" he said. trying to pull me back away from her.
"Let go that my mom." He let go and I ran to her and she was gone .That was the last I would ever see my mom until death.

I'm crying my eyes out and I knew Paul did this to her.I saw him and I was going off
"you,you bystander you did this to her." I pushed him and hit him then the cops pulled me away.
"what's your problem I didn't do anything little girl" Paul yelled.As he had That gulity face like he sorry for doing this to her.
"How did I ever call you father." I said.

To be Continued

Yeah hopefully part 2 will be posted soon and thanks... But yur work is always better then mine

on Jun. 4 2010 at 5:16 am
LittleMonster13 BRONZE, Woodbridge, Virginia

If something happened in the past...turn the page and move on....

Wow thats an awesome story. Keep posting stuff I love your work!!!